Jesse James Admits He 'Wanted to Get Caught' Cheating
Further preview of Jesse James' candid interview, which will be aired on May 25 at 11:35 P.M., with Vicki Mabrey of ABC News "Nightline" has been revealed. During the chat, the TV personality revealed that somehow he wished his estranged wife Sandra Bullock caught him cheating.
"When I was doing it, you know, one, I knew it was horrible, it made me feel horrible. And two, I knew I would get caught eventually, and I think I wanted to get caught," James stated. "I know for a fact now what it was, you know. I mean, it was me trying to self-sabotage my life."
James, whose cheating scandal with tattoo model Michelle "Bombshell" McGee hit the headlines in the beginning of March, further admitted that beside being a person who wanted to protect Bullock, he has also become the one who hurt her the most.
"I've spent my whole life with the kids and with her trying to... protect her from everything, but the most hurt she's ever been caused is by the person that wanted to protect her," James told Mabrey. "It's terrible, and she's going to be hurt for a long time."
When Mabrey asked James why he would cheat on the "America's sweetheart", he said, "It's hard for me to talk about, a little bit, because I still really love her and care about her." And in "Nightline" 's earlier promo, he confessed, "I took a pretty amazing life and amazing success and marriage... and threw it away by my own hands."
Jesse James will be soon divorced from Sandra Bullock as the Oscar-winning actress has filed the legal paper on April 23 in Travis County Court in Austin, Texas. Back in late April, he told People that letting Bullock end their marriage "has been the hardest" decision. But he said, "Considering the pain and devastation I have caused her, it would be selfish to not let her go."
Jesse James on Candid Interview With Vicki Mabrey of ABC News "Nightline":
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More