'Vampire Diaries' Beauty Nina Dobrev Enters 'Deathgames'
Nina Dobrev has joined "Deathgames" which already has Kellan Lutz, Samuel L. Jackson and Daniel Dae Kim on the cast line-up. The Hollywood Reporter exclusively learns that the 21-year-old beauty has been tapped to play the on-screen wife of the "Twilight" hunk.
Along with Dobrev, James Remar and Derek Mears have also been cast in the film. The depicter of Dexter's father on TV series "Dexter" will play a mysterious character called Tall Man, while Mears who recently played Jason Voorhees in "Friday the 13th" will be seen as a fighter named Brutus Jackson.
The forthcoming movie centers its story on Lutz's character who is kidnapped and forced into the savage world of a modern gladiator arena, where men fight to the death for entertainment of the online masses. Jackson's character orchestrates the games, overseeing them from his computer lair with the help of twin ladies who see to his every desire.
Directed by Jonah Loop, "Deathgames" is written by Michael Hultquist, Robert Martinez as well as Tony Giglio. This indie action movie is currently shooting in Louisiana and is slated to arrive in the U.S. within 2011.
Nina Dobrev who started her career in modeling got her first feature film role in 2006 "Away from Her". After appearing in several movies, she lands a female lead role of Elena in CW TV series "The Vampire Diaries". She recently starred in 2009 "Chloe" and will next be seen in thriller "The Roommate" which is set for February 4, 2011 U.S. release.
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I 6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza