'Vampire Diaries' Beauty Nina Dobrev Enters 'Deathgames'
Nina Dobrev has joined "Deathgames" which already has Kellan Lutz, Samuel L. Jackson and Daniel Dae Kim on the cast line-up. The Hollywood Reporter exclusively learns that the 21-year-old beauty has been tapped to play the on-screen wife of the "Twilight" hunk.
Along with Dobrev, James Remar and Derek Mears have also been cast in the film. The depicter of Dexter's father on TV series "Dexter" will play a mysterious character called Tall Man, while Mears who recently played Jason Voorhees in "Friday the 13th" will be seen as a fighter named Brutus Jackson.
The forthcoming movie centers its story on Lutz's character who is kidnapped and forced into the savage world of a modern gladiator arena, where men fight to the death for entertainment of the online masses. Jackson's character orchestrates the games, overseeing them from his computer lair with the help of twin ladies who see to his every desire.
Directed by Jonah Loop, "Deathgames" is written by Michael Hultquist, Robert Martinez as well as Tony Giglio. This indie action movie is currently shooting in Louisiana and is slated to arrive in the U.S. within 2011.
Nina Dobrev who started her career in modeling got her first feature film role in 2006 "Away from Her". After appearing in several movies, she lands a female lead role of Elena in CW TV series "The Vampire Diaries". She recently starred in 2009 "Chloe" and will next be seen in thriller "The Roommate" which is set for February 4, 2011 U.S. release.
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title