'Lost' Prepared Wedding as Alternate Ending
"Lost" is no more but the chatter about the finale is still going on. Fans, who were either satisfied or disappointed with the ending, are questioning whether creators Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse had prepared an alternative ending. Man in Black depicter Titus Welliver said they did not because they did not shoot any other scenes for the finale. But, E! Online dug out an information that there was indeed an alternative.
The sci-fi series could have ended with the wedding of Sun and Jin. But the catch is, the wedding was never intended to make it on air because it was deliberately created as faux script. Lindelof and Cuse spread a fake call sheet to the entire cast about the wedding so that spoilers would go toward the direction. However, in the end the so-called "spoilers" were never leaked.
Alternative endings were also offered by Jimmy Kimmel who dedicated his talk show entirely for the show. But true to Kimmel's nature, the three "alternate endings" were a bunch of sketch supported by the real cast.
As previously said, Cuse and Lindelof did not tie all loose ends in the May 23 finale. They did not reveal why Eko is absent, the Man in Black's real name and such. Lindelof posted a short message on Twitter, saying "Remember. Let go. Move on. I will miss it more than I can ever say."
Surprisingly only 13.5 million viewers tuned in to watch the finale. This is considerably low since the show's very first episode absorbed 18.6 million and the show broke the record in the first two episodes of season 2 with 23 million.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance