Foul Play Not Involved in the Death of Slipknot's Bassist Paul Gray
Slipknot is losing one of their members. Paul Gray who played bass guitar for the band was found dead in an Iowa hotel room early Monday morning, May 24, a spokesperson for Slipknot's label, Roadrunner Records, has confirmed to MTV News. The Urbandale Police department told TMZ that his body was found by an employee at the hotel.
Police said they found no evidence of foul play in Paul's death. However, the investigation is ongoing and an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday. A toxicology test will also be done to determine any contributing factors to his death.
38-year-old Paul Gray was one of the founding members of Slipknot. He often went by the stage monikers of "#2" and "The Pig". The rocker who, along with his bandmates, rarely stepped out without their trademark masks was arrested in 2003 on suspicion of cocaine and marijuana.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo