Foul Play Not Involved in the Death of Slipknot's Bassist Paul Gray
Slipknot is losing one of their members. Paul Gray who played bass guitar for the band was found dead in an Iowa hotel room early Monday morning, May 24, a spokesperson for Slipknot's label, Roadrunner Records, has confirmed to MTV News. The Urbandale Police department told TMZ that his body was found by an employee at the hotel.
Police said they found no evidence of foul play in Paul's death. However, the investigation is ongoing and an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday. A toxicology test will also be done to determine any contributing factors to his death.
38-year-old Paul Gray was one of the founding members of Slipknot. He often went by the stage monikers of "#2" and "The Pig". The rocker who, along with his bandmates, rarely stepped out without their trademark masks was arrested in 2003 on suspicion of cocaine and marijuana.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie