Justin Bieber Booed at BBC Radio 1's Festival, Defended by Jared Leto
Justin Bieber reportedly got booed when he was announced to take the stage at BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend Music Festival over the weekend. But, the Canadian singer was defended by 30 Seconds to Mars' frontman Jared Leto. "He's a young kid," Leto told BBC. "He'll be able to charm the crowd."
Justin performed three songs live on the main stage at the gig taking place on Saturday, May 22 in Bangor, Wales. The sound of those unhappy with his set were firmly drowned out by the screaming of teenage girls who rushed to the front row soon after he appeared on the stage.
Other performers at the concert included Alicia Keys, Cheryl Cole, Scouting for Girls, Chris Moyles, Florence and the Machine, MGMT, Faithless, Dizzee Rascal and many others.
More Justin Bieber News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease