Bono Hospitalized for Back Surgery
Bono has been hospitalized after undergoing emergency back surgery at a hospital in Germany. According to a statement released by his band U2's manager Paul McGuinness on their official website on Friday, May 21, the 50-year-old musician was injured during tour preparation training.
"Bono has today undergone emergency back surgery for an injury sustained during tour preparation training," the statement read. "He was admitted to a specialist neurosurgery unit in a Munich hospital, and is under the care of neurosurgeon Prof. Dr. Jorg Tonn and Dr. Muller Wohlfahrt. Bono will spend the next few days there, before returning home to recuperate."
Due to the hospitalization, U2's first date of 360 Tour on June 3 in Salt Lake City has been postponed. The statement further read, "Once his condition has been assessed further, a statement will be made regarding the impact on forthcoming tour dates.''
After their tour stop in Salt Lake City, Bono along with the band are set to perform in Anaheim, California, on June 6 and 7, followed by Denver on June 12 and Oakland, California, on June 16. However, there has not been any confirmation made on whether or not those dates have been scrapped.
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection
- Rob Kardashian Fights With Blac Chyna, Deletes All Signs of Her on Instagram
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures