Bono Hospitalized for Back Surgery
Bono has been hospitalized after undergoing emergency back surgery at a hospital in Germany. According to a statement released by his band U2's manager Paul McGuinness on their official website on Friday, May 21, the 50-year-old musician was injured during tour preparation training.
"Bono has today undergone emergency back surgery for an injury sustained during tour preparation training," the statement read. "He was admitted to a specialist neurosurgery unit in a Munich hospital, and is under the care of neurosurgeon Prof. Dr. Jorg Tonn and Dr. Muller Wohlfahrt. Bono will spend the next few days there, before returning home to recuperate."
Due to the hospitalization, U2's first date of 360 Tour on June 3 in Salt Lake City has been postponed. The statement further read, "Once his condition has been assessed further, a statement will be made regarding the impact on forthcoming tour dates.''
After their tour stop in Salt Lake City, Bono along with the band are set to perform in Anaheim, California, on June 6 and 7, followed by Denver on June 12 and Oakland, California, on June 16. However, there has not been any confirmation made on whether or not those dates have been scrapped.
More Bono News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!