Bono Hospitalized for Back Surgery
Bono has been hospitalized after undergoing emergency back surgery at a hospital in Germany. According to a statement released by his band U2's manager Paul McGuinness on their official website on Friday, May 21, the 50-year-old musician was injured during tour preparation training.
"Bono has today undergone emergency back surgery for an injury sustained during tour preparation training," the statement read. "He was admitted to a specialist neurosurgery unit in a Munich hospital, and is under the care of neurosurgeon Prof. Dr. Jorg Tonn and Dr. Muller Wohlfahrt. Bono will spend the next few days there, before returning home to recuperate."
Due to the hospitalization, U2's first date of 360 Tour on June 3 in Salt Lake City has been postponed. The statement further read, "Once his condition has been assessed further, a statement will be made regarding the impact on forthcoming tour dates.''
After their tour stop in Salt Lake City, Bono along with the band are set to perform in Anaheim, California, on June 6 and 7, followed by Denver on June 12 and Oakland, California, on June 16. However, there has not been any confirmation made on whether or not those dates have been scrapped.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune