Ciara Responds to BET Banning Her 'Ride' Music Video
Ciara confirmed recent report which suggested that her "Ride" music video has been banned by BET. The 24-year-old R&B singer spoke about that matter when attending the red carpet of Maxim Hot 100 party at Paramount Studios.
"My video isn't playing on BET right now," Ciara told HipHollywood. She then added, "It would definitely be great if it was playing on BET, no doubt. If there was a way to edit a version for it I would definitely do that."
"Ride" music video is directed by Diane Martel and was premiered in April. It features Ciara performing slow, seductive dance moves. At one point, she puts her hands on her waist and lowers her tight pants to almost reveal her modesty before quickly raising them up again.
BET's move to snub the clip has made Ciara's devotees issue an online petition slamming the network. "We have been recently notified that Ciara's new Music Video 'Ride' is not being showed on B.E.T because it's too sexual," the fans wrote.
"Note that they play Trey Songz 'Invented Sex' [where he is having sex with a woman in the video] and Trey Songz 'Neighbors Know My Name' [Having sex with DIFFERENT woman]. I think that B.E.T is over analyzing this, or is just being disrespectful to Ciara. MTV and VH1 is playing 'Ride' and so are other stations. What are you B.E.T going to do about this because as a fan and Representative of Ciara you are being UNFAIR!"
"Ride" is the first single from Ciara's fourth studio album "Basic Instinct" which will be released later this year. The song comes from the production hands of duo top-notch music makers Christopher "Tricky" Stewart and The-Dream and features Ludacris who also makes cameo appearance in the video.
More Ciara News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences