MTV Officially Picks Up Sexy Thriller 'Teen Wolf'
Not only vampires will be a hot trend but soon wolves too. MTV has officially picked up the modern remake of '80s hit called "Teen Wolf" and will begin the production this summer for 12-episodes. Starring Tyler Posey as the newly bitten werewolf, the show is described as a "sexy thriller set against the drama of high school life with a forbidden, romantic love story at its core."
Always an outsider and often unnoticed, Scott McCall yearns to be recognized in some small way that takes him out of his typical state of high school anonymity. When his best friend, Stiles, convinces him to go into the woods one night to join a police search for a dead body, Scott encounters a creature in the darkness. Narrowly escaping an attack with a vicious bite in his side, the next day brings strange surprises for Scott at school and his life will never be the same.
At the same time, MTV is also developing a U.S. version of British series "Skins". Unknown teenagers have been cast in the lead roles and real teens will help write the storylines, similar to how Bryan Elsley wrote the U.K. series, now in its 5th season.
"We are always up for creative challenges at MTV," said Liz Gateley, MTV senior vice president of series development. "We loved the conceit of the original film and knew the title had a great hook. The creative challenge was to take that title and reinvent it as a horror series for the MTV audience. It combines romance and high school to make 'Teen Wolf' the perfect thriller for MTV."
More Teen Wolf News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018