Warrant for Lindsay Lohan's Arrest Has Been Revoked
Lindsay Lohan won't be taken into custody when she returns from Cannes following her recently-issued arrest warrant. The 23-year-old songstress won't be facing an arrest as the official document made against her has been revoked by Los Angeles court, People reported.
A clerk told the site that the court has lifted the warrant as Lindsay posted $100,000 bail, paying a bail bondsman $10,000 for the bond, to ensure that she will attend a new hearing set date. The hearing is scheduled for Monday morning, May 24 at 8 A.M.
Meanwhile, a spokesman for the court claimed that lindsay will be likely ordered to wear an alcohol-monitoring bracelet and subject to weekly drug tests upon her return.
The initial arrest warrant was issued after Lindsay Lohan failed to attend a mandatory probation hearing in Los Angeles at 8:30 A.M. on Thursday, May 20. The "Labor Pains" actress was supposed to appear before Judge Marsha Revel at Beverly Hills Courthouse because she didn't complete her court-ordered alcohol education classes stemming from a 2007 arrest.
Lindsay has been in Cannes and due to fly back to the U.S. on Friday, May 21. She couldn't return to the U.S. for the mandatory probation hearing after claiming that her passport had been stolen. And U.S. Embassy officials, whom she sought for help, were only able to replace the documentation on Thursday, May 20.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift