Shrek Gets Honored With Walk of Fame Star
"Shrek Forever After" has not been released in the U.S. yet and its performance at box office has not been known, but DreamWorks has a reason to be proud. Their ogre character Shrek has received the 2,408th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday, May 20, just one day before the film hits theaters.
Representing the animated character was a guy donning a Shrek suit. He was accompanied by actors Mike Myers and Antonio Banderas, who provide their voices for the movie, as well as DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg to receive the star.
"Having gone from the swamp to a star here on Hollywood Boulevard, I think he truly does represent the great Hollywood dream,'' Katzenberg said at the ceremony. "Like all great stars who are commemorated on this boulevard, Shrek is now surely and truly part of our culture. He is an ogre for all ages."
Shrek is not the first animated character who gets his name carved on Walk of Fame. Previously, the likes of Mickey Mouse, Snow White, Woody Woodpecker, Winnie-the-Pooh, Donald Duck and The Simpsons have also got similar honors.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes