Shrek Gets Honored With Walk of Fame Star
"Shrek Forever After" has not been released in the U.S. yet and its performance at box office has not been known, but DreamWorks has a reason to be proud. Their ogre character Shrek has received the 2,408th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday, May 20, just one day before the film hits theaters.
Representing the animated character was a guy donning a Shrek suit. He was accompanied by actors Mike Myers and Antonio Banderas, who provide their voices for the movie, as well as DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg to receive the star.
"Having gone from the swamp to a star here on Hollywood Boulevard, I think he truly does represent the great Hollywood dream,'' Katzenberg said at the ceremony. "Like all great stars who are commemorated on this boulevard, Shrek is now surely and truly part of our culture. He is an ogre for all ages."
Shrek is not the first animated character who gets his name carved on Walk of Fame. Previously, the likes of Mickey Mouse, Snow White, Woody Woodpecker, Winnie-the-Pooh, Donald Duck and The Simpsons have also got similar honors.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special