Bret Michaels Hospitalized Again for Warning Stroke and Hole in Heart
Few days after released from hospital, Bret Michaels has been readmitted to hospital on Thursday, May 20. The rocker suffered numbness on the left side of his body, predominately his face and hands which doctors described as a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) or warning stroke, according to the statement released on his official site.
Based on tests performed on Bret, doctors found a hole in his heart, known as Patent Forum Ovale (PFO). Though one of the doctors, neurosurgeon Dr. Zabramski, calls the news "devastating" to Bret and his family, he assures that the condition is "operable and treatable" and likely unrelated to the brain hemorrhage he suffered in April.
The doctor also notices that Bret is very determined to get healthy and make a 100% recovery to be able to attend the finale of "The Celebrity Apprentice" on Sunday, May 23, but his "brain and body are not quite 100% yet, especially with the hole found in his heart." Several tests will be conducted on Bret throughout the week.
Meanwhile, Bret's rep Janna Elias states, "He is in good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be OK. He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive but he has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes