Bret Michaels Hospitalized Again for Warning Stroke and Hole in Heart
Few days after released from hospital, Bret Michaels has been readmitted to hospital on Thursday, May 20. The rocker suffered numbness on the left side of his body, predominately his face and hands which doctors described as a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) or warning stroke, according to the statement released on his official site.
Based on tests performed on Bret, doctors found a hole in his heart, known as Patent Forum Ovale (PFO). Though one of the doctors, neurosurgeon Dr. Zabramski, calls the news "devastating" to Bret and his family, he assures that the condition is "operable and treatable" and likely unrelated to the brain hemorrhage he suffered in April.
The doctor also notices that Bret is very determined to get healthy and make a 100% recovery to be able to attend the finale of "The Celebrity Apprentice" on Sunday, May 23, but his "brain and body are not quite 100% yet, especially with the hole found in his heart." Several tests will be conducted on Bret throughout the week.
Meanwhile, Bret's rep Janna Elias states, "He is in good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be OK. He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive but he has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again."
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'
- AMC Renews 'Into the Badlands' for Expanded Season 3