Erica Blasberg Remembered as 'Outstanding Golfer' at Memorial Service
Family and friends have bid their last farewell to Erica Blasberg. On Wednesday, May 19, those close to the late golfer attended a public memorial service in her hometown of Corona, California. During the ceremony, she was remembered as an "outstanding golfer with an infectious laugh and smile."
Her agent Chase Callahan said, "She was a machine when it came to smacking drives down the fairway ... she never missed," before adding that she was "goofy, fun-loving and ultra-competitive." Meanwhile, one of Erica's teammates at Corona High School, Shane Bacon, called her a "talented, pretty and funny" woman. He further praised her, "She had a laugh about her that was very contagious and when you heard it, it brought joy to everyone else."
Also sharing his memory about the female athlete was former coach at the University of Arizona Greg Allen who claimed she was like a big sister to his children. "She brought me a lot closer to my kids at home," he stated in tearful eyes.
The memorial service took place for two hours. Erica's silver coffin, which had two golf bags stitched with her name standing by during the ceremony, was then taken to a waiting hearse. She was later buried in Corona Del Mar.
Erica Blasberg, known as a pro golfer, was found dead on Sunday, May 9 at her home in Henderson, Nevada. "At first glance it looks like she might have taken her own life, but at second glance, something is very, very strange about it," Erica's father Mel Blasberg said on her sudden death. The incident is still under investigation and Nevada authorities have not yet released a cause of death.
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?