Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Enters Rehab on Girlfriend's Order
Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is again seeking help to battle the demon in the bottle. The star of "The Tudors" has been fighting off his addiction to alcohol and has entered rehab as well as AA classes several times before. But he reportedly is having a relapse and will soon return for a treatment in London.
"He just really wants to get better," a source close to the actor told People. "This has been an ongoing battle for him." A rep for the 32-year-old actor also confirmed that the actor is again seeking help but declined to give further comment.
A new report emerged that it was his girlfriend Reena Hammer who told him to enter a facility. The heiress, according to U.K.'s Mirror, said, "Check in to rehab or I'm dumping you." She found out that Rhys-Meyers was "pounding drinks" at JFK airport, and was banned from boarding a United Airlines flight last week.
Additionally, Hammer encouraged him to control also his anger. "She has told him to get serious counseling for his drink and anger problems or else she will be taking a hike - out of his life," a source said.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit