Drew Barrymore Could Direct 'Wizard of Oz' Sequel
Rumor has it, a sequel to "Wizard of Oz" is coming and Drew Barrymore will be very much involved in the making process. According to Pajiba, the 35-year-old beauty has picked "Surrender Dorothy" to be her second directing vehicle after serving behind the lens for "Whip It!".
The upcoming project was first announced in 2002 and seemed stalled. But apparently "Surrender Dorothy" is still set up at Warner Brothers and Barrymore's production company Flower Films, and now the movie is resurrected.
In the early development, Barrymore was attached to star in the film. However, it is said that she might be a little too old to portray Dorothy's great-great-granddaughter. Thus, Pajiba proposes a name for the lead role, mentioning Ellen Page who has starred in "Whip It!".
"Surrender Dorothy" which has the script written by Zach Helm follows Dorothy's great-great-granddaughter who must learn how to use the power of ruby red slipper to keep the Wicked Witch of the West from taking control of the kingdoms of Earth and Oz.
Beside "Surrender Dorothy", there also some other "Wizard of Oz" adaptations in the works. "Oz the Great and Powerful" which is planned to be a prequel has Robert Downey Jr. on the cast ensemble, while "Dorothy of OZ", an animation based on L. Frank Baum's "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz", will be produced by Bonne Radford.
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'