Drew Barrymore Could Direct 'Wizard of Oz' Sequel
Rumor has it, a sequel to "Wizard of Oz" is coming and Drew Barrymore will be very much involved in the making process. According to Pajiba, the 35-year-old beauty has picked "Surrender Dorothy" to be her second directing vehicle after serving behind the lens for "Whip It!".
The upcoming project was first announced in 2002 and seemed stalled. But apparently "Surrender Dorothy" is still set up at Warner Brothers and Barrymore's production company Flower Films, and now the movie is resurrected.
In the early development, Barrymore was attached to star in the film. However, it is said that she might be a little too old to portray Dorothy's great-great-granddaughter. Thus, Pajiba proposes a name for the lead role, mentioning Ellen Page who has starred in "Whip It!".
"Surrender Dorothy" which has the script written by Zach Helm follows Dorothy's great-great-granddaughter who must learn how to use the power of ruby red slipper to keep the Wicked Witch of the West from taking control of the kingdoms of Earth and Oz.
Beside "Surrender Dorothy", there also some other "Wizard of Oz" adaptations in the works. "Oz the Great and Powerful" which is planned to be a prequel has Robert Downey Jr. on the cast ensemble, while "Dorothy of OZ", an animation based on L. Frank Baum's "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz", will be produced by Bonne Radford.
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5