Disney Plans a Live Action 'Cinderella'
A fairy tale princess will come to life should Disney move forward with its plan creating a live action version of "Cinderella". Deadline is reporting that there has been a surge of interest in adapting classics into live action since the success of "Alice in Wonderland". Disney is not one to fall behind the trend.
A 7-figure deal is currently made for a project which will be led by Aline Brosh McKenna in the writing department. McKenna is known as the scribe of romcoms such as "The Devil Wears Prada" and "27 Dresses". Meanwhile, "Jumper" and "X-Men: First Class" producer Simon Kinberg will back up the project. Together they have once worked on the production rewrite of "Date Night".
The classic version of "Cinderella" is first made by Disney in 1950, telling the story of an unfortunate girl dreaming of a prince. The story has been adapted as a spine in a number of feature films such as "Ever After" and "A Cinderella Story". However, it is not yet known whether this live-action version will bend from its original story or whether it would be made in 3-D.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip