Disney Plans a Live Action 'Cinderella'
A fairy tale princess will come to life should Disney move forward with its plan creating a live action version of "Cinderella". Deadline is reporting that there has been a surge of interest in adapting classics into live action since the success of "Alice in Wonderland". Disney is not one to fall behind the trend.
A 7-figure deal is currently made for a project which will be led by Aline Brosh McKenna in the writing department. McKenna is known as the scribe of romcoms such as "The Devil Wears Prada" and "27 Dresses". Meanwhile, "Jumper" and "X-Men: First Class" producer Simon Kinberg will back up the project. Together they have once worked on the production rewrite of "Date Night".
The classic version of "Cinderella" is first made by Disney in 1950, telling the story of an unfortunate girl dreaming of a prince. The story has been adapted as a spine in a number of feature films such as "Ever After" and "A Cinderella Story". However, it is not yet known whether this live-action version will bend from its original story or whether it would be made in 3-D.
- Katy Perry Calls on Taylor Swift to End Longtime Feud: 'It's Time for Her to Finish It'
- 'In Hysterics,' Ariana Grande Suspends World Tour After Terrorist Bombing at Manchester Gig
- Blake Lively Nearly Spills Out of Her Stunning Neon Gown at the Ballet
- Ariana Grande Is 'Broken' After Deadly Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Major Lazer Previews Travis Scott, Quavo and Camila Cabello Collaboration During Alabama Show
- Kourtney Kardashian Never Gets Serious With Younes Bendjima as He's Just Her Fling
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?