Disney Plans a Live Action 'Cinderella'
A fairy tale princess will come to life should Disney move forward with its plan creating a live action version of "Cinderella". Deadline is reporting that there has been a surge of interest in adapting classics into live action since the success of "Alice in Wonderland". Disney is not one to fall behind the trend.
A 7-figure deal is currently made for a project which will be led by Aline Brosh McKenna in the writing department. McKenna is known as the scribe of romcoms such as "The Devil Wears Prada" and "27 Dresses". Meanwhile, "Jumper" and "X-Men: First Class" producer Simon Kinberg will back up the project. Together they have once worked on the production rewrite of "Date Night".
The classic version of "Cinderella" is first made by Disney in 1950, telling the story of an unfortunate girl dreaming of a prince. The story has been adapted as a spine in a number of feature films such as "Ever After" and "A Cinderella Story". However, it is not yet known whether this live-action version will bend from its original story or whether it would be made in 3-D.
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer