Disney Plans a Live Action 'Cinderella'
A fairy tale princess will come to life should Disney move forward with its plan creating a live action version of "Cinderella". Deadline is reporting that there has been a surge of interest in adapting classics into live action since the success of "Alice in Wonderland". Disney is not one to fall behind the trend.
A 7-figure deal is currently made for a project which will be led by Aline Brosh McKenna in the writing department. McKenna is known as the scribe of romcoms such as "The Devil Wears Prada" and "27 Dresses". Meanwhile, "Jumper" and "X-Men: First Class" producer Simon Kinberg will back up the project. Together they have once worked on the production rewrite of "Date Night".
The classic version of "Cinderella" is first made by Disney in 1950, telling the story of an unfortunate girl dreaming of a prince. The story has been adapted as a spine in a number of feature films such as "Ever After" and "A Cinderella Story". However, it is not yet known whether this live-action version will bend from its original story or whether it would be made in 3-D.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard