Justin Bieber Wanted for 'Valentine's Day' Spin-Off
Following positive reception for "Valentine's Day", Warner Bros. has developed the follow-up entitled "New Year's Eve". And now director Garry Marshall has given updates on the project, including the possible cast.
"I hear they keep mentioning this Justin Bieber," the filmmaker said on who the studio wants for the film. But Marshall apparently does not know the teen singer, as he claimed, "I have no idea who that is. Perhaps I'd better see who he is, so when he arrives on set, possibly [we can talk]. So we'll see."
The helmer additionally revealed that the upcoming movie will not feature stars from its predecessor as it was previously mentioned. "It's supposed to be a similar cast of a number of stars. It's written like that, but we hope to get all new stars except for Hector Elizondo, who has to be in all my movies. So he's gonna play a guy you'll never recognize."
As for his personal choice of new cast for the film, Marshall stated he would love to have Reese Witherspoon and Halle Berry joining the project. "I love the girls. I work well with women... And I like making them funny, but we'll see who we get," he explained, before adding "Nobody is set yet."
While "New Year's Eve" has not tapped any actor, Marshall said that the screenplay is about to be complete. "I have a script. I did a rewrite. We're rewriting it now." And if everything goes according to the plan, the movie could start shooting in New York City in September.
In accordance with the title, "New Year's Eve" will be set during the switch to new year. "Valentine's Day" producers Mike Karz and Wayne Allan Rice will once again team up to produce the forthcoming film, which is due for December 9, 2011 U.S. release.
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake