Christina Aguilera: I Have Nothing Against Lady GaGa
Christina Aguilera was quick to clarify speculation that she has beef with fellow female singer Lady GaGa. The 29-year-old singer, who is gearing up to release a new album "Bionic" on June 8, insisted she has nothing against the "Poker Face" hitmaker.
"I would like to take a moment to clarify something that has been brought to my attention this morning," she began her post on her official website. "It is very easy for comments to be taken out of context and create unnecessary drama-especially between us women."
"So I would like to tell you all directly so my words can not be misconstrued to sell someone else's story - I have absolutely nothing against Lady GaGa or any other female artist in this business. I think she is great, and I appreciate any woman fearless enough to go against the norm. She has earned her success with hard work and a clear focus and I have nothing but respect for that."
"There is room for all of us on everyone's iPods. This is not the first time I have been unfairly pitted against another female artist but it will be the last time I comment on the matter," she ended her statement.
In addition to writing a message on her website, Christina Aguilera also addressed that matter in an interview with Out magazine. "Oh the newcomer?" she chuckled when the topic was brought up. "I think she [GaGa] is really fun to look at."
More Christina Aguilera News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?