Preview of '24' Series Finale
It's the end of an era when the groundbreaking and iconic action-packed series comes full circle with the climactic "Day Eight." On May 24, the Emmy-winning series "24" will air its very last episode in a two-hour finale taking place between "2:00 PM-4:00 PM".
Emotions run high as the harrowing day climaxes with resolute President Taylor closing in on a world-changing peace treaty and a vengeful Jack Bauer taking matters into his own hands for one last and unforgettable job.
Showrunner Howard Gordon gave a little hint about the finale in a press conference last week, saying "We tried on a couple of very different endings for size and the one we came to at the end is the one that felt just right. So it was not for lack of trying a couple of different ways. But we knew it when we saw it, that this was the right way to do it."
He confirmed, "One thing we tried and didn't work was 'happily ever after' for Jack. ...This show is a tragedy, and so to give Jack a happy ending just didn't feel authentic," and continued, "And going out to where the end and what we can expect is the things that were aligning, which were basically Chloe versus Jack versus President Taylor - we're taking all these characters to places that we've never seen them before."
More 24 News
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance