Katy Perry Added to 2010 MTV Movie Awards' Performers Line-Up
Katy Perry has been announced as a new musical guest at the 19th Annual MTV Movie Awards and is going to perform her fresh summer jam "California Gurls". She joins previously-revealed performer Christina Aguilera who is set to sing her new single "Not Myself Tonight".
"I'm proud to represent the West Coast at the MTV Movie Awards in the magical glow of the Hollywood sign with my new single 'California Gurls'," Katy said in a statement. "I hope it will be the theme song to a lot of summer loving; I know it will in my house!"
Beside unveiling Katy Perry as its new performer, 2010 MTV Movie Awards also confirms a number of new presenters. They are "Grown Ups" cast; Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Kevin James, Rob Schneider and David Spade, as well as Paul Rudd, Jason Segel, Anna Kendrick, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Aubrey Plaza.
Previously announced to announce winners of the June 6 ceremony are Zac Efron, Jessica Biel, Vanessa Hudgens, Miranda Cosgrove, Bradley Cooper, Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, Jonah Hill, Russell Brand, Steve Carell, Shaun White and P. Diddy.
This year, Movie Awards will be broadcast live at 9 P.M. from the Gibson Amphitheater in Universal City, California. Aziz Ansari is tapped to host the Sunday ceremony. Its nominations list is led by "The Hangover" with six nods and followed by "Avatar" and "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" with five gongs each.
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details