Zoe Saldana Wants to Be Assassin in 'Columbiana'
Zoe Saldana eyes a role in another action movie. After playing a woman who seeks revenge for her father's death in "The Losers", the actress is in early negotiations to play in "Columbiana" which will see her in similar plot.
According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), Saldana is offered a role of a young woman who, after witnessing her parents' murder as a child in Bogota, grows up to be a stone-cold assassin. She works for her uncle as a hitman by day, but her personal time is spent engaging in vigilante murders that she hopes will lead her to her ultimate target: the mobster responsible for her parents' death.
"Columbiana" is set in Latin America and is planned to start shooting late summer, THR further reports. "Transporter 3" helmer Olivier Megaton is on board to direct with the script provided by Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen. Besson will also produce this action drama which probably will be dropped in U.S. cinemas in 2012.
Zoe Saldana shot to fame after starring as Uhura in 2009 "Star Trek". She later landed female lead role as Neytiri in James Cameron's successful movie "Avatar" before appearing in "The Losers" as Aisha. Previously, she has appeared in 2003 "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" as Anamaria.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip