Zoe Saldana Wants to Be Assassin in 'Columbiana'
Zoe Saldana eyes a role in another action movie. After playing a woman who seeks revenge for her father's death in "The Losers", the actress is in early negotiations to play in "Columbiana" which will see her in similar plot.
According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), Saldana is offered a role of a young woman who, after witnessing her parents' murder as a child in Bogota, grows up to be a stone-cold assassin. She works for her uncle as a hitman by day, but her personal time is spent engaging in vigilante murders that she hopes will lead her to her ultimate target: the mobster responsible for her parents' death.
"Columbiana" is set in Latin America and is planned to start shooting late summer, THR further reports. "Transporter 3" helmer Olivier Megaton is on board to direct with the script provided by Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen. Besson will also produce this action drama which probably will be dropped in U.S. cinemas in 2012.
Zoe Saldana shot to fame after starring as Uhura in 2009 "Star Trek". She later landed female lead role as Neytiri in James Cameron's successful movie "Avatar" before appearing in "The Losers" as Aisha. Previously, she has appeared in 2003 "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" as Anamaria.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked