Wife Made Statement on Ronnie James Dio's Death
Less than 24 hours since his wife made a statement to the media that Ronnie James Dio was still "hanging there", the sad news came in. Wendy Dio confirmed that her husband, a rock legend, has lost his battle with stomach cancer he was diagnosed with last year.
"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May," Wendy wrote on Ronnie's official site. "Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all."
She continued, "We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever." Fans are welcomed to express their condolences via Faceboook.
Ronnie James Dio was in bands like Rainbow, Heaven and Hell, and Black Sabbath. Fellow rocker Ozzy Osbourne posted a simple message on his Twitter, writing "Rest in Peace Ronnie". Earlier this month, Heaven and Hell, the last band he was in, canceled a series of dates in Europe in order to give Ronnie sometime to treat his cancer. "Due today's news, all future releases from the Niji Entertainment Group are halted at this time," a statement from Ronnie's Facebook is read.
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Suffers Another Wardrobe Malfunction in High-Slit Dress at amfAR Gala