NBC Loves 'Chuck' and Renews It for Season 4
Joy to "Chuck" fans, the show has been renewed for a fourth season. President of Primetime Entertainment, NBC and Universal Media Studios Angela Bromstad made the formal announcement on Friday, May 14 although she did not mention how many episodes are in order.
"Chuck" was initially a bubble series which almost did not make it in the second to third season transition. However, the number in season 3 improved with 2.4 rating, 6 share in adults 18-49 and 6.6 million viewers overall. Devoted fans also helped spreading the show by doing a flash mob action earlier this month.
"Just got the official call: thank you Chuck fans for getting us a 4th season! Thrilled to keep working with amazing cast & crew," creator Josh Schwartz tweeted immediately after the announcement. He added minutes later, "Oh yeah - and see you @ Comic Con!!!"
Coming with the good news is a slightly bad news. Producer Ali Adler will not be returning for the fourth season. She has accepted a position on ABC's new drama "No Ordinary Family" earlier this month.
Meanwhile, NBC has also picked up new shows such as "The Cape", "Outlaw", "Harry's Law" and "Friends with Benefits". In consequence, the network has axed "Law & Order", "Mercy", "Trauma" and "Heroes" to make room.
"The addition of these four inventive series to our new scripted lineup demonstrates a wide spectrum of creative stories," said Bromstad. "We are featuring popular, top-flight stars along with a strong pedigree of successful writer-producers. Likewise, 'Chuck' has proven its enduring appeal and we love the new creative direction that Josh and Chris [Fedak] have taken the show."
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie