NBC Loves 'Chuck' and Renews It for Season 4
Joy to "Chuck" fans, the show has been renewed for a fourth season. President of Primetime Entertainment, NBC and Universal Media Studios Angela Bromstad made the formal announcement on Friday, May 14 although she did not mention how many episodes are in order.
"Chuck" was initially a bubble series which almost did not make it in the second to third season transition. However, the number in season 3 improved with 2.4 rating, 6 share in adults 18-49 and 6.6 million viewers overall. Devoted fans also helped spreading the show by doing a flash mob action earlier this month.
"Just got the official call: thank you Chuck fans for getting us a 4th season! Thrilled to keep working with amazing cast & crew," creator Josh Schwartz tweeted immediately after the announcement. He added minutes later, "Oh yeah - and see you @ Comic Con!!!"
Coming with the good news is a slightly bad news. Producer Ali Adler will not be returning for the fourth season. She has accepted a position on ABC's new drama "No Ordinary Family" earlier this month.
Meanwhile, NBC has also picked up new shows such as "The Cape", "Outlaw", "Harry's Law" and "Friends with Benefits". In consequence, the network has axed "Law & Order", "Mercy", "Trauma" and "Heroes" to make room.
"The addition of these four inventive series to our new scripted lineup demonstrates a wide spectrum of creative stories," said Bromstad. "We are featuring popular, top-flight stars along with a strong pedigree of successful writer-producers. Likewise, 'Chuck' has proven its enduring appeal and we love the new creative direction that Josh and Chris [Fedak] have taken the show."
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer