NBC Loves 'Chuck' and Renews It for Season 4
Joy to "Chuck" fans, the show has been renewed for a fourth season. President of Primetime Entertainment, NBC and Universal Media Studios Angela Bromstad made the formal announcement on Friday, May 14 although she did not mention how many episodes are in order.
"Chuck" was initially a bubble series which almost did not make it in the second to third season transition. However, the number in season 3 improved with 2.4 rating, 6 share in adults 18-49 and 6.6 million viewers overall. Devoted fans also helped spreading the show by doing a flash mob action earlier this month.
"Just got the official call: thank you Chuck fans for getting us a 4th season! Thrilled to keep working with amazing cast & crew," creator Josh Schwartz tweeted immediately after the announcement. He added minutes later, "Oh yeah - and see you @ Comic Con!!!"
Coming with the good news is a slightly bad news. Producer Ali Adler will not be returning for the fourth season. She has accepted a position on ABC's new drama "No Ordinary Family" earlier this month.
Meanwhile, NBC has also picked up new shows such as "The Cape", "Outlaw", "Harry's Law" and "Friends with Benefits". In consequence, the network has axed "Law & Order", "Mercy", "Trauma" and "Heroes" to make room.
"The addition of these four inventive series to our new scripted lineup demonstrates a wide spectrum of creative stories," said Bromstad. "We are featuring popular, top-flight stars along with a strong pedigree of successful writer-producers. Likewise, 'Chuck' has proven its enduring appeal and we love the new creative direction that Josh and Chris [Fedak] have taken the show."
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch