Roman Polanski Accused of Sexually Abusing British Actress at Her 16
Roman Polanski is hit with another abuse allegation. On Friday, May 14, Charlotte Lewis has stepped out to let people know that she was sexually abused by the "The Ghost Writer" helmer in 1982, before she appeared in his 1986 movie "Pirates", in Paris.
"[Polanski] sexually abused me in the worst possible way when I was just 16. He knew [how old I was] when he met me and forced himself upon me in his apartment in Paris," Charlotte revealed. The British actress claimed she has "lived with the effects of his behavior ever since it occurred" and is now seeking for justice.
The 42-year-old star did not provide any providence during the press conference in Los Angeles, but her attorney Gloria Allred claimed she has provided evidence to a police detective and officials from the Los Angeles County district attorney's office. However, Charlotte has not planned any legal action, such as a lawsuit, the attorney explained.
Meanwhile, police spokesman Richard French said, "Our detectives did conduct the interview but the department has not begun an investigation."
Prior to Charlotte Lewis' allegation, Roman Polanski has been charged of raping then 13-year-old Samantha Geimer in 1977. The 76-year-old filmmaker was arrested in Switzerland in September 2009 and is being detained at his home there. He is now fighting extradition to the U.S.
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day