Roman Polanski Accused of Sexually Abusing British Actress at Her 16
Roman Polanski is hit with another abuse allegation. On Friday, May 14, Charlotte Lewis has stepped out to let people know that she was sexually abused by the "The Ghost Writer" helmer in 1982, before she appeared in his 1986 movie "Pirates", in Paris.
"[Polanski] sexually abused me in the worst possible way when I was just 16. He knew [how old I was] when he met me and forced himself upon me in his apartment in Paris," Charlotte revealed. The British actress claimed she has "lived with the effects of his behavior ever since it occurred" and is now seeking for justice.
The 42-year-old star did not provide any providence during the press conference in Los Angeles, but her attorney Gloria Allred claimed she has provided evidence to a police detective and officials from the Los Angeles County district attorney's office. However, Charlotte has not planned any legal action, such as a lawsuit, the attorney explained.
Meanwhile, police spokesman Richard French said, "Our detectives did conduct the interview but the department has not begun an investigation."
Prior to Charlotte Lewis' allegation, Roman Polanski has been charged of raping then 13-year-old Samantha Geimer in 1977. The 76-year-old filmmaker was arrested in Switzerland in September 2009 and is being detained at his home there. He is now fighting extradition to the U.S.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'