Allan Quatermain Revived Through Sam Worthington
Allan Quatermain, a fictional hero found in Sir H. Rider Haggard's 1885 popular novel "King Solomon's Mines" is brought to life in the form of Sam Worthington. A project by DreamWorks, the sci-fi will also be Worthington's first foray into producing a feature film.
The "Clash of the Titans" star joins Alfred Gough and Miles Millar in the production panel. No director has been attached yet but the script has been worked on by Mark Verheiden. The scribe has written for sci-fi TV series such as "Battlestar Galactica", "Smallville" and "Heroes". Meanwhile, status of the film is still "in development", THR's Heat Vision reported.
How the film will adapt the story from the classic Victorian novel itself is pretty far off. "King Salomon's Mines", the first book chronicling Quatermain's adventure, follows the hero in an expedition into an unexplored region of Africa to find the brother of a friend as well as a fabled treasure of the lost mines. But the film is set in a time in which humans have left Earth and sees Quatermain return to the planet from a sojourn in space, embarking on another "King Solomon's Mines"-esque adventure but on a planetwide scale.
Before beginning the work on "Quatermain", Worthington is expected to complete "The Fields" first. The thriller directed by Ami Canaan Mann is slated to arrive in U.S. theaters next year.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!