Allan Quatermain Revived Through Sam Worthington
Allan Quatermain, a fictional hero found in Sir H. Rider Haggard's 1885 popular novel "King Solomon's Mines" is brought to life in the form of Sam Worthington. A project by DreamWorks, the sci-fi will also be Worthington's first foray into producing a feature film.
The "Clash of the Titans" star joins Alfred Gough and Miles Millar in the production panel. No director has been attached yet but the script has been worked on by Mark Verheiden. The scribe has written for sci-fi TV series such as "Battlestar Galactica", "Smallville" and "Heroes". Meanwhile, status of the film is still "in development", THR's Heat Vision reported.
How the film will adapt the story from the classic Victorian novel itself is pretty far off. "King Salomon's Mines", the first book chronicling Quatermain's adventure, follows the hero in an expedition into an unexplored region of Africa to find the brother of a friend as well as a fabled treasure of the lost mines. But the film is set in a time in which humans have left Earth and sees Quatermain return to the planet from a sojourn in space, embarking on another "King Solomon's Mines"-esque adventure but on a planetwide scale.
Before beginning the work on "Quatermain", Worthington is expected to complete "The Fields" first. The thriller directed by Ami Canaan Mann is slated to arrive in U.S. theaters next year.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Debuts Chilling Motion Poster
- Orlando Bloom 'Apologizes' to Waitress Who Was Fired After Their 'Night of Incredible Sex'
- Meek Mill Celebrates Birthday on Private Jet in 'Glow Up' Music Video
- 'The Predator' and 'Alita: Battle Angel' Promo Posters Are Spotted at Licensing Expo
- Nicki Minaj Finally Responds to Nas Dating Rumors: We've Had Sleepovers
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Among Netflix's June 2017 Movie and TV Titles
- Bella Hadid Risks Wardrobe Malfunction in Sexy Black Gown With Sky-High Slit
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police