Allan Quatermain Revived Through Sam Worthington
Allan Quatermain, a fictional hero found in Sir H. Rider Haggard's 1885 popular novel "King Solomon's Mines" is brought to life in the form of Sam Worthington. A project by DreamWorks, the sci-fi will also be Worthington's first foray into producing a feature film.
The "Clash of the Titans" star joins Alfred Gough and Miles Millar in the production panel. No director has been attached yet but the script has been worked on by Mark Verheiden. The scribe has written for sci-fi TV series such as "Battlestar Galactica", "Smallville" and "Heroes". Meanwhile, status of the film is still "in development", THR's Heat Vision reported.
How the film will adapt the story from the classic Victorian novel itself is pretty far off. "King Salomon's Mines", the first book chronicling Quatermain's adventure, follows the hero in an expedition into an unexplored region of Africa to find the brother of a friend as well as a fabled treasure of the lost mines. But the film is set in a time in which humans have left Earth and sees Quatermain return to the planet from a sojourn in space, embarking on another "King Solomon's Mines"-esque adventure but on a planetwide scale.
Before beginning the work on "Quatermain", Worthington is expected to complete "The Fields" first. The thriller directed by Ami Canaan Mann is slated to arrive in U.S. theaters next year.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!