Major Points in 'Vampire Diaries' Season Finale
"The Vampire Diaries" wrapped up the first season with some pretty shocking twists which will build up in the second season. For a newcomer show, it has killed plenty of characters in the first season alone. The number is rising with the death of the Mayor, Anna and the villain in the May 13 episode.
Mayor Lockwood got his neck snapped by one of the Tomb vampires. But what's curious was the fact that he was included in the vampires pack John Gilbert gathered to be killed. Lockwood and his son Tyler were affected by the device which supposedly gives painful sound to vampires only. This leaves a question of what kind of non-human are they?
In another plot, Jeremy turned down Anna's request to run with her and live forever as vampires together. He regretted this when he was informed that Anna had been killed by Uncle John. He drank the viral containing Anna's blood and popped on some pills in order to turn himself into a vampire. The answer to whether he would grow fangs or not would be answered in the next season.
As wished for, Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder get to kiss but it's not as simple. Dobrev was in her Katherine character when she kissed Damon. It is still unknown whether Damon is aware that he was kissing a fellow vampire who resembles Elena a lot. But more Katherine and her wildness are expected to play a major part in the second season especially after she kills Elena's birth father Uncle John.
Another cliffhanger is Caroline. She was in the car that Tyler drove and crashed. While Tyler's pupil dilated, showing that he survived, Caroline was fighting for dear life due to internal bleeding.
Producer Julie Plec has a bit of info about when the second season will begin. She wrote on Twitter, "Here's what I know: Rerunning all summer. DVD in August. Season 2 in early September. As we get official dates, we'll share."
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame