Katherine Heigl to Produce and Star in Ageless Drama
Katherine Heigl will stop aging in her new movie, but she's not a vampire. The actress who left "Grey's Anatomy" to concentrate on family and feature film, has signed up as the lead in "The Age of Adaline". It is an epic love story co-financed and co-produced by Lakeshore Entertainment and Sidney Kimmel.
According to THR, the drama is about a young woman who is born at the turn of 20th century and is rendered ageless after an accident. After "years of a solitary life", someday she meets a man who may be worth losing her immortality.
Katherine and her mother Nancy Heigl act as the executive producers along with Jim Tauber. Meanwhile, Lakeshore's Tom Rosenberg and Gary Lucchesi assist in the production department. "We're on a roll with Tom and Gary at Lakeshore," Kimmel said. "This is a project Anonymous brought to us and we brought to Lakeshore, and it just clicked."
October is set as the kick off date. That is why producers are looking for crew, director and actors who will play the male lead and supporting cast. "We're moving very quickly on this one. We hope to have all the pieces in place in a short time," Rosenberg said, failing to mention a target release date.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch