Big Mike Eliminated, 'American Idol' Reveals Top 3
"American Idol" reveals a shocking result this week as Casey James advances to the Top 3 and Michael Lynche goes home. Ryan Seacrest said almost 37 million votes came through in movie songs week but Big Mike who sang "Will You Be There" by Michael Jackson doesn't get enough to get him in the final.
Casey was in fact the first to be announced safe, followed by Lee Dwyze. Viewers were then left dreading at the thought of Crystal Bowersox going home, especially since the judges loved her rendition of Kenny Loggins' "I'm Alright". But it was Mike who eventually has to end his journey.
On the performance night Simon Cowell said about Mike, "I think that you could have chosen - there's thousands and thousands of songs... I'm more confused here now. Look, at least - at least - you gave it a 100% and I kind of felt that you meant it."
The Top 3 are now set to take a trip home to campaign for themselves. Casey is coming back to Fort Worth, TX, Crystal to Elliston, OH and Lee to Mount Prospect, Ill. Next Tuesday, they would sing two songs each, one which they pick themselves and another which is judge's selection.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen