Big Mike Eliminated, 'American Idol' Reveals Top 3
"American Idol" reveals a shocking result this week as Casey James advances to the Top 3 and Michael Lynche goes home. Ryan Seacrest said almost 37 million votes came through in movie songs week but Big Mike who sang "Will You Be There" by Michael Jackson doesn't get enough to get him in the final.
Casey was in fact the first to be announced safe, followed by Lee Dwyze. Viewers were then left dreading at the thought of Crystal Bowersox going home, especially since the judges loved her rendition of Kenny Loggins' "I'm Alright". But it was Mike who eventually has to end his journey.
On the performance night Simon Cowell said about Mike, "I think that you could have chosen - there's thousands and thousands of songs... I'm more confused here now. Look, at least - at least - you gave it a 100% and I kind of felt that you meant it."
The Top 3 are now set to take a trip home to campaign for themselves. Casey is coming back to Fort Worth, TX, Crystal to Elliston, OH and Lee to Mount Prospect, Ill. Next Tuesday, they would sing two songs each, one which they pick themselves and another which is judge's selection.
More American Idol News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake