Big Mike Eliminated, 'American Idol' Reveals Top 3
"American Idol" reveals a shocking result this week as Casey James advances to the Top 3 and Michael Lynche goes home. Ryan Seacrest said almost 37 million votes came through in movie songs week but Big Mike who sang "Will You Be There" by Michael Jackson doesn't get enough to get him in the final.
Casey was in fact the first to be announced safe, followed by Lee Dwyze. Viewers were then left dreading at the thought of Crystal Bowersox going home, especially since the judges loved her rendition of Kenny Loggins' "I'm Alright". But it was Mike who eventually has to end his journey.
On the performance night Simon Cowell said about Mike, "I think that you could have chosen - there's thousands and thousands of songs... I'm more confused here now. Look, at least - at least - you gave it a 100% and I kind of felt that you meant it."
The Top 3 are now set to take a trip home to campaign for themselves. Casey is coming back to Fort Worth, TX, Crystal to Elliston, OH and Lee to Mount Prospect, Ill. Next Tuesday, they would sing two songs each, one which they pick themselves and another which is judge's selection.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves