Big Mike Eliminated, 'American Idol' Reveals Top 3
"American Idol" reveals a shocking result this week as Casey James advances to the Top 3 and Michael Lynche goes home. Ryan Seacrest said almost 37 million votes came through in movie songs week but Big Mike who sang "Will You Be There" by Michael Jackson doesn't get enough to get him in the final.
Casey was in fact the first to be announced safe, followed by Lee Dwyze. Viewers were then left dreading at the thought of Crystal Bowersox going home, especially since the judges loved her rendition of Kenny Loggins' "I'm Alright". But it was Mike who eventually has to end his journey.
On the performance night Simon Cowell said about Mike, "I think that you could have chosen - there's thousands and thousands of songs... I'm more confused here now. Look, at least - at least - you gave it a 100% and I kind of felt that you meant it."
The Top 3 are now set to take a trip home to campaign for themselves. Casey is coming back to Fort Worth, TX, Crystal to Elliston, OH and Lee to Mount Prospect, Ill. Next Tuesday, they would sing two songs each, one which they pick themselves and another which is judge's selection.
More American Idol News
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom