Joel McHale and Sofia Vergara to Announce Emmy Nominees
"Community" star Joel McHale and "Modern Family" actress Sofia Vergara are appointed as the announcers of 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards nominations. They will jointly read out the names of actors, TV series, TV movies and miniseries receiving a slot to compete at the biggest television event on July 8 at 5:30 A.M. from Goldensom Theatre in Los Angeles.
"I'm so honored to be announcing the nominees for the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmys. It's been such an exciting year for television, and I'm happy to be a part of it," said Vergara. McHale chimed in, "I have two children, and I've never woken up this early for anything."
They will be accompanied by Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Chairman-CEO John Shaffner who said, "We couldn't be happier to have Joel and Sofia to announce this year's nominees. They are both very funny and talented actors, and we are grateful that they have agreed to the early morning wake up call."
The 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards will be held on August 29 at 8/7c and aired live by NBC from Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre. Jimmy Fallon is on hosting duty.
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'