Joel McHale and Sofia Vergara to Announce Emmy Nominees
"Community" star Joel McHale and "Modern Family" actress Sofia Vergara are appointed as the announcers of 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards nominations. They will jointly read out the names of actors, TV series, TV movies and miniseries receiving a slot to compete at the biggest television event on July 8 at 5:30 A.M. from Goldensom Theatre in Los Angeles.
"I'm so honored to be announcing the nominees for the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmys. It's been such an exciting year for television, and I'm happy to be a part of it," said Vergara. McHale chimed in, "I have two children, and I've never woken up this early for anything."
They will be accompanied by Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Chairman-CEO John Shaffner who said, "We couldn't be happier to have Joel and Sofia to announce this year's nominees. They are both very funny and talented actors, and we are grateful that they have agreed to the early morning wake up call."
The 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards will be held on August 29 at 8/7c and aired live by NBC from Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre. Jimmy Fallon is on hosting duty.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby