Joel McHale and Sofia Vergara to Announce Emmy Nominees
"Community" star Joel McHale and "Modern Family" actress Sofia Vergara are appointed as the announcers of 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards nominations. They will jointly read out the names of actors, TV series, TV movies and miniseries receiving a slot to compete at the biggest television event on July 8 at 5:30 A.M. from Goldensom Theatre in Los Angeles.
"I'm so honored to be announcing the nominees for the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmys. It's been such an exciting year for television, and I'm happy to be a part of it," said Vergara. McHale chimed in, "I have two children, and I've never woken up this early for anything."
They will be accompanied by Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Chairman-CEO John Shaffner who said, "We couldn't be happier to have Joel and Sofia to announce this year's nominees. They are both very funny and talented actors, and we are grateful that they have agreed to the early morning wake up call."
The 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards will be held on August 29 at 8/7c and aired live by NBC from Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre. Jimmy Fallon is on hosting duty.
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say