Joel McHale and Sofia Vergara to Announce Emmy Nominees
"Community" star Joel McHale and "Modern Family" actress Sofia Vergara are appointed as the announcers of 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards nominations. They will jointly read out the names of actors, TV series, TV movies and miniseries receiving a slot to compete at the biggest television event on July 8 at 5:30 A.M. from Goldensom Theatre in Los Angeles.
"I'm so honored to be announcing the nominees for the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmys. It's been such an exciting year for television, and I'm happy to be a part of it," said Vergara. McHale chimed in, "I have two children, and I've never woken up this early for anything."
They will be accompanied by Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Chairman-CEO John Shaffner who said, "We couldn't be happier to have Joel and Sofia to announce this year's nominees. They are both very funny and talented actors, and we are grateful that they have agreed to the early morning wake up call."
The 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards will be held on August 29 at 8/7c and aired live by NBC from Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre. Jimmy Fallon is on hosting duty.
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too