'Jersey Shore' Star Sued for Allegedly Punching Woman in the Head
Sammi Giancola aka "Sweetheart" is going to face a legal battle after she reportedly lost her temper and hit a woman at a Miami Beach nightclub on Saturday, May 8. Kristen DeMinco, who accused the "Jersey Shore" cast for punching her twice in the head, has filed a police report on Tuesday, May 11, her attorneys said.
Kristen revealed that she was confronted by the reality TV star in the VIP area of the nightclub Dream after talking to a man whom Sammi said was her boyfriend. "She exchanged bad words at me," the 24-year-old woman recalled. "I exchanged bad words back. She hit me twice in the face and I just backed off right after that. I didn't want to get involved [in] a fight."
"This isn't acceptable for people to be going around hitting people just for TV. I think it's wrong of MTV, I think it's wrong of them. I think they do it on purpose," she additionally said during the news conference outside the Miami Beach Police Department. Kristen later took off her sunglasses to show the bruise under her eye to reporters.
A spokesman for the prosecutor's office said authorities would examine the allegations to determine whether charges are appropriate. Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for MTV, which airs Sammi's reality show, declined to comment on the case.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says