'Jersey Shore' Star Sued for Allegedly Punching Woman in the Head
Sammi Giancola aka "Sweetheart" is going to face a legal battle after she reportedly lost her temper and hit a woman at a Miami Beach nightclub on Saturday, May 8. Kristen DeMinco, who accused the "Jersey Shore" cast for punching her twice in the head, has filed a police report on Tuesday, May 11, her attorneys said.
Kristen revealed that she was confronted by the reality TV star in the VIP area of the nightclub Dream after talking to a man whom Sammi said was her boyfriend. "She exchanged bad words at me," the 24-year-old woman recalled. "I exchanged bad words back. She hit me twice in the face and I just backed off right after that. I didn't want to get involved [in] a fight."
"This isn't acceptable for people to be going around hitting people just for TV. I think it's wrong of MTV, I think it's wrong of them. I think they do it on purpose," she additionally said during the news conference outside the Miami Beach Police Department. Kristen later took off her sunglasses to show the bruise under her eye to reporters.
A spokesman for the prosecutor's office said authorities would examine the allegations to determine whether charges are appropriate. Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for MTV, which airs Sammi's reality show, declined to comment on the case.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!