'Jersey Shore' Star Sued for Allegedly Punching Woman in the Head
Sammi Giancola aka "Sweetheart" is going to face a legal battle after she reportedly lost her temper and hit a woman at a Miami Beach nightclub on Saturday, May 8. Kristen DeMinco, who accused the "Jersey Shore" cast for punching her twice in the head, has filed a police report on Tuesday, May 11, her attorneys said.
Kristen revealed that she was confronted by the reality TV star in the VIP area of the nightclub Dream after talking to a man whom Sammi said was her boyfriend. "She exchanged bad words at me," the 24-year-old woman recalled. "I exchanged bad words back. She hit me twice in the face and I just backed off right after that. I didn't want to get involved [in] a fight."
"This isn't acceptable for people to be going around hitting people just for TV. I think it's wrong of MTV, I think it's wrong of them. I think they do it on purpose," she additionally said during the news conference outside the Miami Beach Police Department. Kristen later took off her sunglasses to show the bruise under her eye to reporters.
A spokesman for the prosecutor's office said authorities would examine the allegations to determine whether charges are appropriate. Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for MTV, which airs Sammi's reality show, declined to comment on the case.
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kelly Ripa Will Announce New 'Live!' Co-Host on Monday
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased