'Jersey Shore' Star Sued for Allegedly Punching Woman in the Head
Sammi Giancola aka "Sweetheart" is going to face a legal battle after she reportedly lost her temper and hit a woman at a Miami Beach nightclub on Saturday, May 8. Kristen DeMinco, who accused the "Jersey Shore" cast for punching her twice in the head, has filed a police report on Tuesday, May 11, her attorneys said.
Kristen revealed that she was confronted by the reality TV star in the VIP area of the nightclub Dream after talking to a man whom Sammi said was her boyfriend. "She exchanged bad words at me," the 24-year-old woman recalled. "I exchanged bad words back. She hit me twice in the face and I just backed off right after that. I didn't want to get involved [in] a fight."
"This isn't acceptable for people to be going around hitting people just for TV. I think it's wrong of MTV, I think it's wrong of them. I think they do it on purpose," she additionally said during the news conference outside the Miami Beach Police Department. Kristen later took off her sunglasses to show the bruise under her eye to reporters.
A spokesman for the prosecutor's office said authorities would examine the allegations to determine whether charges are appropriate. Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for MTV, which airs Sammi's reality show, declined to comment on the case.
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split