Blake Shelton Proposes to Miranda Lambert in 'Old-School' Way
Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert are getting hitched. Their representatives have confirmed that the country music stars have been engaged on Sunday, May 9, with the "Hillbilly Bone" hitmaker presenting her a diamond and platinum engagement ring.
But before he popped the question, Blake kept his manners by asking for blessing from Miranda's father first. "He called my dad and got his blessing first," the 26-year-old songstress tells People about the surprise proposal from her boyfriend. "That was so Southern and old-school and perfect."
"I was so proud of him," Miranda further gushes about her lover. "We've been together five years, so he knew exactly what I wanted but it's so much more perfect than I could have picked out myself."
The proposal happened in the woods near Miranda's Tishomingo, Oklahoma home and they celebrated it in a simple, informal way. "We had a couple of Bacardi and Diet Sprites - in a Solo cup!" the "More Like Her" singer says, before adding "2010 will not be forgotten in my world."
Miranda is very excited about the upcoming wedding which will be the first for her and the second for Blake after divorcing from Kaynette Williams. "Weddings are great and engagements are great and diamonds are especially great," she shares. "But I'm just excited to be married because I want to tell Blake I really can love him the rest of my life and be happy and make him happy."
More Blake Shelton News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny