Katy Perry Wants 'Big, Fat' Wedding Reception
Engaged to Russell Brand, Katy Perry has mapped out several details for her wedding with the British funnyman. Met at the 7th Annual Bag Lunch, benefiting PS Arts at the Buckingham Estate in Brentwood, California, the songstress has revealed how her special day will be.
"I think [the wedding] will be small," Katy told People. "I always have a ton of people around me and I think the people that are going to share this moment with us are the people we want to integrate into each other's lives."
But Katy does not have an intention to leave her and Russell's friends out of the celebration. The 25-year-old American claimed she has also planned "a big, fat reception for the people who can't make it."
Beside the ceremony and the party, Katy has also shared about the possible dress she wears when she ties the knot. She said, "We have been kind of talking to [John] Galliano because that was the first [fashion] show in Paris that we kind of came out as a couple. So if we did Galliano, it would make it full circle."
As for the location, the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker hinted that she may not hold the wedding in her hometown of Santa Barbara, California, since she stated, "We don't necessarily want it to be a drunk fest of people just, you know, one night and then forgetting about it. We want it to be about the love. So sometimes to be about the love, we have to take them out of their comfort zone."
Katy Perry and Russell Brand were first romantically linked after they met at MTV Video Music Awards in September 2009. After few months of dating, the actor proposed to Katy during New Year's Eve, presenting her with a ring.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'