Katy Perry Wants 'Big, Fat' Wedding Reception
Engaged to Russell Brand, Katy Perry has mapped out several details for her wedding with the British funnyman. Met at the 7th Annual Bag Lunch, benefiting PS Arts at the Buckingham Estate in Brentwood, California, the songstress has revealed how her special day will be.
"I think [the wedding] will be small," Katy told People. "I always have a ton of people around me and I think the people that are going to share this moment with us are the people we want to integrate into each other's lives."
But Katy does not have an intention to leave her and Russell's friends out of the celebration. The 25-year-old American claimed she has also planned "a big, fat reception for the people who can't make it."
Beside the ceremony and the party, Katy has also shared about the possible dress she wears when she ties the knot. She said, "We have been kind of talking to [John] Galliano because that was the first [fashion] show in Paris that we kind of came out as a couple. So if we did Galliano, it would make it full circle."
As for the location, the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker hinted that she may not hold the wedding in her hometown of Santa Barbara, California, since she stated, "We don't necessarily want it to be a drunk fest of people just, you know, one night and then forgetting about it. We want it to be about the love. So sometimes to be about the love, we have to take them out of their comfort zone."
Katy Perry and Russell Brand were first romantically linked after they met at MTV Video Music Awards in September 2009. After few months of dating, the actor proposed to Katy during New Year's Eve, presenting her with a ring.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!