Katy Perry Wants 'Big, Fat' Wedding Reception
Engaged to Russell Brand, Katy Perry has mapped out several details for her wedding with the British funnyman. Met at the 7th Annual Bag Lunch, benefiting PS Arts at the Buckingham Estate in Brentwood, California, the songstress has revealed how her special day will be.
"I think [the wedding] will be small," Katy told People. "I always have a ton of people around me and I think the people that are going to share this moment with us are the people we want to integrate into each other's lives."
But Katy does not have an intention to leave her and Russell's friends out of the celebration. The 25-year-old American claimed she has also planned "a big, fat reception for the people who can't make it."
Beside the ceremony and the party, Katy has also shared about the possible dress she wears when she ties the knot. She said, "We have been kind of talking to [John] Galliano because that was the first [fashion] show in Paris that we kind of came out as a couple. So if we did Galliano, it would make it full circle."
As for the location, the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker hinted that she may not hold the wedding in her hometown of Santa Barbara, California, since she stated, "We don't necessarily want it to be a drunk fest of people just, you know, one night and then forgetting about it. We want it to be about the love. So sometimes to be about the love, we have to take them out of their comfort zone."
Katy Perry and Russell Brand were first romantically linked after they met at MTV Video Music Awards in September 2009. After few months of dating, the actor proposed to Katy during New Year's Eve, presenting her with a ring.
More Katy Perry News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show