Campaign Started to Get Cam and Mitch to Kiss on 'Modern Family'
Fans of "Modern Family" are serious when they criticize the show for not letting Cam and Mitchell show a little more affectionate expression. They have now set up a Facebook page called "Let Cam & Mitchell kiss on Modern Family!" which has attracted more than 3,000 people since it was created earlier this week.
Viewers noticed that Cam and Mitchell did not kiss like Claire and Phil in the 22nd episode airing May 5 when the spouses were reunited in the airport. Instead they embraced each other with a hug. In fact, never once in the show's 22 episodes have the viewers seen the gay couple kiss each other on the lips.
"Cam & Mitchell, the adorable gay couple on ABC's 'Modern Family', have not been shown sharing even a brief kiss throughout the series' first hit season. ABC isn't afraid of gay characters, so why won't they let them show some love?" the page says.
ABC has included gay characters in its other shows such as "Ugly Betty", "Dirty Sexy Money" and "Grey's Anatomy". Cameron and Mitchell are married couple who adopts a Vietnamese baby girl named Lily. In real life, Eric Stonestreet who plays Cam is straight while Jesse Tyler Ferguson aka Mitchell is openly gay.
There are two more episodes left in the first season of "Modern Family". The clan are vacationing in Hawaii to celebrate Jay's birthday. A preview of the May 12 episode is below.
More Modern Family News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent