Campaign Started to Get Cam and Mitch to Kiss on 'Modern Family'
Fans of "Modern Family" are serious when they criticize the show for not letting Cam and Mitchell show a little more affectionate expression. They have now set up a Facebook page called "Let Cam & Mitchell kiss on Modern Family!" which has attracted more than 3,000 people since it was created earlier this week.
Viewers noticed that Cam and Mitchell did not kiss like Claire and Phil in the 22nd episode airing May 5 when the spouses were reunited in the airport. Instead they embraced each other with a hug. In fact, never once in the show's 22 episodes have the viewers seen the gay couple kiss each other on the lips.
"Cam & Mitchell, the adorable gay couple on ABC's 'Modern Family', have not been shown sharing even a brief kiss throughout the series' first hit season. ABC isn't afraid of gay characters, so why won't they let them show some love?" the page says.
ABC has included gay characters in its other shows such as "Ugly Betty", "Dirty Sexy Money" and "Grey's Anatomy". Cameron and Mitchell are married couple who adopts a Vietnamese baby girl named Lily. In real life, Eric Stonestreet who plays Cam is straight while Jesse Tyler Ferguson aka Mitchell is openly gay.
There are two more episodes left in the first season of "Modern Family". The clan are vacationing in Hawaii to celebrate Jay's birthday. A preview of the May 12 episode is below.
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'