Campaign Started to Get Cam and Mitch to Kiss on 'Modern Family'
Fans of "Modern Family" are serious when they criticize the show for not letting Cam and Mitchell show a little more affectionate expression. They have now set up a Facebook page called "Let Cam & Mitchell kiss on Modern Family!" which has attracted more than 3,000 people since it was created earlier this week.
Viewers noticed that Cam and Mitchell did not kiss like Claire and Phil in the 22nd episode airing May 5 when the spouses were reunited in the airport. Instead they embraced each other with a hug. In fact, never once in the show's 22 episodes have the viewers seen the gay couple kiss each other on the lips.
"Cam & Mitchell, the adorable gay couple on ABC's 'Modern Family', have not been shown sharing even a brief kiss throughout the series' first hit season. ABC isn't afraid of gay characters, so why won't they let them show some love?" the page says.
ABC has included gay characters in its other shows such as "Ugly Betty", "Dirty Sexy Money" and "Grey's Anatomy". Cameron and Mitchell are married couple who adopts a Vietnamese baby girl named Lily. In real life, Eric Stonestreet who plays Cam is straight while Jesse Tyler Ferguson aka Mitchell is openly gay.
There are two more episodes left in the first season of "Modern Family". The clan are vacationing in Hawaii to celebrate Jay's birthday. A preview of the May 12 episode is below.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?