Campaign Started to Get Cam and Mitch to Kiss on 'Modern Family'
Fans of "Modern Family" are serious when they criticize the show for not letting Cam and Mitchell show a little more affectionate expression. They have now set up a Facebook page called "Let Cam & Mitchell kiss on Modern Family!" which has attracted more than 3,000 people since it was created earlier this week.
Viewers noticed that Cam and Mitchell did not kiss like Claire and Phil in the 22nd episode airing May 5 when the spouses were reunited in the airport. Instead they embraced each other with a hug. In fact, never once in the show's 22 episodes have the viewers seen the gay couple kiss each other on the lips.
"Cam & Mitchell, the adorable gay couple on ABC's 'Modern Family', have not been shown sharing even a brief kiss throughout the series' first hit season. ABC isn't afraid of gay characters, so why won't they let them show some love?" the page says.
ABC has included gay characters in its other shows such as "Ugly Betty", "Dirty Sexy Money" and "Grey's Anatomy". Cameron and Mitchell are married couple who adopts a Vietnamese baby girl named Lily. In real life, Eric Stonestreet who plays Cam is straight while Jesse Tyler Ferguson aka Mitchell is openly gay.
There are two more episodes left in the first season of "Modern Family". The clan are vacationing in Hawaii to celebrate Jay's birthday. A preview of the May 12 episode is below.
More Modern Family News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'