Pro Golfer Erica Blasberg's Death Is 'Very Strange'
Pro golfer Erica Blasberg lost her life at just 25. She was found dead on Sunday, May 9 at her home in Henderson, Nev. Since the discovery is pretty new, the cause of death is still undetermined but her father said there is something "very, very strange about it".
"At first glance it looks like she might have taken her own life, but at second glance, something is very, very strange about it," Mel Blasberg said. "We're waiting for the police to make an investigation; it's a pending investigation."
Erica who grew up in Corona, Calif. turned professional in 2004 and joined the LPGA tour the next year. She is a two-time All-American at the University of Arizona, where she was named NCAA Freshman of the Year and Pac-10 Player of the Year in 2003. At the time of her death, she was in her sixth season on the LPGA Tour.
Her agent Chase Callahan has released a statement on Monday, writing "We are devastated to learn of the passing of Erica Blasberg. To most of the world, Erica was known as a professional golfer, but she was more than that. She was a loving daughter to her parents and a compassionate and loyal friend. Erica had a good heart, was extremely kind and very thankful for what she had in her life."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'