Pro Golfer Erica Blasberg's Death Is 'Very Strange'
Pro golfer Erica Blasberg lost her life at just 25. She was found dead on Sunday, May 9 at her home in Henderson, Nev. Since the discovery is pretty new, the cause of death is still undetermined but her father said there is something "very, very strange about it".
"At first glance it looks like she might have taken her own life, but at second glance, something is very, very strange about it," Mel Blasberg said. "We're waiting for the police to make an investigation; it's a pending investigation."
Erica who grew up in Corona, Calif. turned professional in 2004 and joined the LPGA tour the next year. She is a two-time All-American at the University of Arizona, where she was named NCAA Freshman of the Year and Pac-10 Player of the Year in 2003. At the time of her death, she was in her sixth season on the LPGA Tour.
Her agent Chase Callahan has released a statement on Monday, writing "We are devastated to learn of the passing of Erica Blasberg. To most of the world, Erica was known as a professional golfer, but she was more than that. She was a loving daughter to her parents and a compassionate and loyal friend. Erica had a good heart, was extremely kind and very thankful for what she had in her life."
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy