Pro Golfer Erica Blasberg's Death Is 'Very Strange'
Pro golfer Erica Blasberg lost her life at just 25. She was found dead on Sunday, May 9 at her home in Henderson, Nev. Since the discovery is pretty new, the cause of death is still undetermined but her father said there is something "very, very strange about it".
"At first glance it looks like she might have taken her own life, but at second glance, something is very, very strange about it," Mel Blasberg said. "We're waiting for the police to make an investigation; it's a pending investigation."
Erica who grew up in Corona, Calif. turned professional in 2004 and joined the LPGA tour the next year. She is a two-time All-American at the University of Arizona, where she was named NCAA Freshman of the Year and Pac-10 Player of the Year in 2003. At the time of her death, she was in her sixth season on the LPGA Tour.
Her agent Chase Callahan has released a statement on Monday, writing "We are devastated to learn of the passing of Erica Blasberg. To most of the world, Erica was known as a professional golfer, but she was more than that. She was a loving daughter to her parents and a compassionate and loyal friend. Erica had a good heart, was extremely kind and very thankful for what she had in her life."
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'