Anthony Hopkins to Play Evil Sorcerer in 'Arabian Nights'
Anthony Hopkins is eying a role in another action adventure film. After cast as Odin in "Thor", the 72-year-old Welsh has been reported close to seal a deal with Inferno Entertainment to play the villain in "Arabian Nights", The Hollywood Reporter (THR) claims.
According to the site, Hopkins is currently in final negotiations with the studio. Should the actor is signed for the film, he will be seen playing Pharotu, an evil sorcerer who killed Sinbad's love, a mermaid, and is looking to amass more magic for himself, THR further reports.
Set to tackle the lead role in "Arabian Nights" is Liam Hemsworth. The boyfriend of Miley Cyrus will portray a commander who joins forces with Sinbad, Aladdin, Ali Baba and the Genie from the magic lamp to rescue Queen Scheherazade after his king is murdered.
Chuck Russell is on board to serve behind the lens for the upcoming flick, which is planned to be made in 3-D. Russell and Barry P. Ambrose write the script, while Bill Johnson, Mark Ciardi, Gordon Gray and Will Ward team up to produce it. Shooting is planned to be kicked off by the end of this summer for 2011 U.S. release.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special