Anthony Hopkins to Play Evil Sorcerer in 'Arabian Nights'
Anthony Hopkins is eying a role in another action adventure film. After cast as Odin in "Thor", the 72-year-old Welsh has been reported close to seal a deal with Inferno Entertainment to play the villain in "Arabian Nights", The Hollywood Reporter (THR) claims.
According to the site, Hopkins is currently in final negotiations with the studio. Should the actor is signed for the film, he will be seen playing Pharotu, an evil sorcerer who killed Sinbad's love, a mermaid, and is looking to amass more magic for himself, THR further reports.
Set to tackle the lead role in "Arabian Nights" is Liam Hemsworth. The boyfriend of Miley Cyrus will portray a commander who joins forces with Sinbad, Aladdin, Ali Baba and the Genie from the magic lamp to rescue Queen Scheherazade after his king is murdered.
Chuck Russell is on board to serve behind the lens for the upcoming flick, which is planned to be made in 3-D. Russell and Barry P. Ambrose write the script, while Bill Johnson, Mark Ciardi, Gordon Gray and Will Ward team up to produce it. Shooting is planned to be kicked off by the end of this summer for 2011 U.S. release.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris