Betty White Nailed 'Saturday Night Live' Sketches
Betty White fulfilled one of her fans' dreams on Saturday, May 8 night when she finally appeared on "Saturday Night Live". As a host, she opened the show with a monologue, performed digital shorts, introduced the musical guest and did some sketches.
In the monologue, White joked about people campaigning for her appearance on the show via Facebook, saying she never heard of the popular site. "When I first heard about the campaign to get me to host 'Saturday Night Live,' I didn't know what Facebook was," she said. "Now that I do know what it is, it sounds like a huge waste of time."
In the sketches, White played MacGruber's grandmother, Grandma MacIntosh and a senior citizen on "CSI: Sarasota" among others. Since it was a Mother's Day special, the episode also brought in the show's female stars such as Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Ana Gasteyer, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph and Molly Shannon. Fey assisted in the sketch about 2010 census while Gasteyer and Shannon did so in the sketch about baker Florence Dusty's new muffin.
White also did a digital short of "The Golden Girls" theme song, "Thank You for Being a Friend", making improvisation by giving it a screamy version.
- Opening Monologue
- 2010 Census
- Florence Dusty
More Saturday Night Live News
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck