Betty White Nailed 'Saturday Night Live' Sketches
Betty White fulfilled one of her fans' dreams on Saturday, May 8 night when she finally appeared on "Saturday Night Live". As a host, she opened the show with a monologue, performed digital shorts, introduced the musical guest and did some sketches.
In the monologue, White joked about people campaigning for her appearance on the show via Facebook, saying she never heard of the popular site. "When I first heard about the campaign to get me to host 'Saturday Night Live,' I didn't know what Facebook was," she said. "Now that I do know what it is, it sounds like a huge waste of time."
In the sketches, White played MacGruber's grandmother, Grandma MacIntosh and a senior citizen on "CSI: Sarasota" among others. Since it was a Mother's Day special, the episode also brought in the show's female stars such as Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Ana Gasteyer, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph and Molly Shannon. Fey assisted in the sketch about 2010 census while Gasteyer and Shannon did so in the sketch about baker Florence Dusty's new muffin.
White also did a digital short of "The Golden Girls" theme song, "Thank You for Being a Friend", making improvisation by giving it a screamy version.
- Opening Monologue
- 2010 Census
- Florence Dusty
More Saturday Night Live News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri