Betty White Nailed 'Saturday Night Live' Sketches
Betty White fulfilled one of her fans' dreams on Saturday, May 8 night when she finally appeared on "Saturday Night Live". As a host, she opened the show with a monologue, performed digital shorts, introduced the musical guest and did some sketches.
In the monologue, White joked about people campaigning for her appearance on the show via Facebook, saying she never heard of the popular site. "When I first heard about the campaign to get me to host 'Saturday Night Live,' I didn't know what Facebook was," she said. "Now that I do know what it is, it sounds like a huge waste of time."
In the sketches, White played MacGruber's grandmother, Grandma MacIntosh and a senior citizen on "CSI: Sarasota" among others. Since it was a Mother's Day special, the episode also brought in the show's female stars such as Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Ana Gasteyer, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph and Molly Shannon. Fey assisted in the sketch about 2010 census while Gasteyer and Shannon did so in the sketch about baker Florence Dusty's new muffin.
White also did a digital short of "The Golden Girls" theme song, "Thank You for Being a Friend", making improvisation by giving it a screamy version.
- Opening Monologue
More Saturday Night Live News
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip