Katy Perry's Brand New Single 'California Gurls' Comes Out
Katy Perry's new single called "California Gurls" has been unleashed. The summer jam features up-beat tempo on the hook which allows music fans to go dancing on the floor. The cover art has also been out, featuring blue-wigged Katy sitting under an umbrella in a beach.
The track is confirmed to be included in Katy's forthcoming third studio album which is yet to be titled. Featuring Snoop Dogg, it is recorded as an answer to Jay-Z's New York anthem "Empire State of Mind" which features Alicia Keys.
"It's so great that 'Empire State of Mind' is huge and that everyone has the New York song, but what the f**k? What about LA? What about California?" she told Rolling Stone. "It's been a minute since we had a California song and especially from a girl's perspective. We took the references of Prince, which is always a great reference, and some of the '90s, almost house music references."
The song, which can be streamed on Katy Perry's official site, reportedly will be performed at the upcoming MuchMusic Video Awards which will also have Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus on the line-up. The album, meanwhile, is expected to be released later this year.
More Katy Perry News
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order