'Men in Black 3' Gets Release Date and 3-D Treatment, Will Smith Is Signed
The third "Men in Black" film is really happening. Reports say Columbia Pictures has given green light to "Men in Black 3" and announced a release date for the movie. The upcoming flick is now scheduled to arrive in the U.S. on May 25, 2012 and will be released in 3-D.
The studio also has locked an actor for the cast ensemble, tapping Will Smith to reprise his role as alien-chasing government operative Agent Jay. Moreover, Columbia has hired Barry Sonnenfeld to serve behind the lens for "MIB 3".
Smith will be likely joined by his co-star in "Men in Black" and "Men in Black II", Tommy Lee Jones, as he is currently negotiating his contract with the studio to return as Agent Kay. Moreover, Josh Brolin is expected to star in the film as a younger version of Agent K.
Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald are producing the upcoming flick. Meanwhile, Etan Cohen and David Koepp are teaming up to write the script, which will feature a time travel element that moves the action from contemporary back to 1969.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'