'Men in Black 3' Gets Release Date and 3-D Treatment, Will Smith Is Signed
The third "Men in Black" film is really happening. Reports say Columbia Pictures has given green light to "Men in Black 3" and announced a release date for the movie. The upcoming flick is now scheduled to arrive in the U.S. on May 25, 2012 and will be released in 3-D.
The studio also has locked an actor for the cast ensemble, tapping Will Smith to reprise his role as alien-chasing government operative Agent Jay. Moreover, Columbia has hired Barry Sonnenfeld to serve behind the lens for "MIB 3".
Smith will be likely joined by his co-star in "Men in Black" and "Men in Black II", Tommy Lee Jones, as he is currently negotiating his contract with the studio to return as Agent Kay. Moreover, Josh Brolin is expected to star in the film as a younger version of Agent K.
Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald are producing the upcoming flick. Meanwhile, Etan Cohen and David Koepp are teaming up to write the script, which will feature a time travel element that moves the action from contemporary back to 1969.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie