Oprah Sent Robert Pattinson to Surprise a Family
Robert Pattinson did not only do Oprah Winfrey a favor by turning up on her couch but traveling to Naperville, Ill. as well to surprise one lucky family. The "Twilight" actor was Oprah's guest for May 13 episode but he pre-taped his section on Tuesday, May 4 before joining pals Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and Dakota Fanning for the in-studio taping the next day.
Oprah asked her audience to write to her how "Twilight" has changed their lives for a spot on "The Oprah Winfrey Show". Mother of four Maria Miuli Mele sent an e-mail describing how her family resembles the Cullen family and included a photo of them dressed like the Cullens. Her son Giuseppe in particular hoped on a tree and posed like Pattinson in the first movie's scene.
They were first told that they would be interviewed via Skype. But after 90 minutes not knowing what they were supposed to do, the family heard a knock on the door and there was Robert Pattinson on their doorstep. "[My family and I] all lost it," Mele told People. "[We were] screaming like a bunch of maniacs. We were all amazed that he was in our house."
Mele described what happened to L.A. Times, "He was so genuine, he hugged everybody, took pictures ...told a lot of jokes." When she asked him about Stewart, Pattinson joked, "Fine, I'll just leave right now!" and added, "You'll be able to see her tomorrow." That's when they knew that they received an invitation to appear in the studio taping.
Recalling how the studio interview went on, Mele said Pattinson nudged Stewart in stage, pointed at Giuseppe and said, "Doesn't he look like me?".
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung