Oprah Sent Robert Pattinson to Surprise a Family
Robert Pattinson did not only do Oprah Winfrey a favor by turning up on her couch but traveling to Naperville, Ill. as well to surprise one lucky family. The "Twilight" actor was Oprah's guest for May 13 episode but he pre-taped his section on Tuesday, May 4 before joining pals Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and Dakota Fanning for the in-studio taping the next day.
Oprah asked her audience to write to her how "Twilight" has changed their lives for a spot on "The Oprah Winfrey Show". Mother of four Maria Miuli Mele sent an e-mail describing how her family resembles the Cullen family and included a photo of them dressed like the Cullens. Her son Giuseppe in particular hoped on a tree and posed like Pattinson in the first movie's scene.
They were first told that they would be interviewed via Skype. But after 90 minutes not knowing what they were supposed to do, the family heard a knock on the door and there was Robert Pattinson on their doorstep. "[My family and I] all lost it," Mele told People. "[We were] screaming like a bunch of maniacs. We were all amazed that he was in our house."
Mele described what happened to L.A. Times, "He was so genuine, he hugged everybody, took pictures ...told a lot of jokes." When she asked him about Stewart, Pattinson joked, "Fine, I'll just leave right now!" and added, "You'll be able to see her tomorrow." That's when they knew that they received an invitation to appear in the studio taping.
Recalling how the studio interview went on, Mele said Pattinson nudged Stewart in stage, pointed at Giuseppe and said, "Doesn't he look like me?".
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics