Oprah Sent Robert Pattinson to Surprise a Family
Robert Pattinson did not only do Oprah Winfrey a favor by turning up on her couch but traveling to Naperville, Ill. as well to surprise one lucky family. The "Twilight" actor was Oprah's guest for May 13 episode but he pre-taped his section on Tuesday, May 4 before joining pals Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and Dakota Fanning for the in-studio taping the next day.
Oprah asked her audience to write to her how "Twilight" has changed their lives for a spot on "The Oprah Winfrey Show". Mother of four Maria Miuli Mele sent an e-mail describing how her family resembles the Cullen family and included a photo of them dressed like the Cullens. Her son Giuseppe in particular hoped on a tree and posed like Pattinson in the first movie's scene.
They were first told that they would be interviewed via Skype. But after 90 minutes not knowing what they were supposed to do, the family heard a knock on the door and there was Robert Pattinson on their doorstep. "[My family and I] all lost it," Mele told People. "[We were] screaming like a bunch of maniacs. We were all amazed that he was in our house."
Mele described what happened to L.A. Times, "He was so genuine, he hugged everybody, took pictures ...told a lot of jokes." When she asked him about Stewart, Pattinson joked, "Fine, I'll just leave right now!" and added, "You'll be able to see her tomorrow." That's when they knew that they received an invitation to appear in the studio taping.
Recalling how the studio interview went on, Mele said Pattinson nudged Stewart in stage, pointed at Giuseppe and said, "Doesn't he look like me?".
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week