Ke$ha Announces Concert Benefiting Nashville Flood Victims
Ke$ha who grew up in Nashville, Tennessee, is going to hold a charity concert for victims of the recent flood which ravaged the state over the weekend. The fund-raising event will take place at the Limelight on June 16 with tickets going on sale beginning May 6. VIP ticket package will include a meet and greet with this "Tik Tok" hitmaker.
"I'm thrilled to announce that I will be playing a show to help benefit Nashville, my hometown," she said in a statement. "100% of the profits from ticket sales will go to help the victims of these devastating floods. Nashville helped shape me as an artist and as a person and my love for this city is beyond words. I will continue to do anything I can to help rebuild this city and support the families and animals who have been affected by this tragedy."
Another benefit event conducted to raise money for the flood victims was a three-hour local fundraising telethon hosted by Nashville's WSMV-TV on May 6. The line-up includes Vince Gill, Darius Rucker, Keith Urban, Phil Vassar, Alison Krauss, Steve Wariner, Montgomery Gentry's Troy Gentry, Buddy Jewell, Lonestar, Bo Bice and Lee Roy Parnell.
Also, there will be a live national telethon held on May 16 at the historic Ryman Auditorium with Brad Paisley, Lady Antebellum, Dierks Bentley and Rodney Atkins booked as musical guests.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts