Ke$ha Announces Concert Benefiting Nashville Flood Victims
Ke$ha who grew up in Nashville, Tennessee, is going to hold a charity concert for victims of the recent flood which ravaged the state over the weekend. The fund-raising event will take place at the Limelight on June 16 with tickets going on sale beginning May 6. VIP ticket package will include a meet and greet with this "Tik Tok" hitmaker.
"I'm thrilled to announce that I will be playing a show to help benefit Nashville, my hometown," she said in a statement. "100% of the profits from ticket sales will go to help the victims of these devastating floods. Nashville helped shape me as an artist and as a person and my love for this city is beyond words. I will continue to do anything I can to help rebuild this city and support the families and animals who have been affected by this tragedy."
Another benefit event conducted to raise money for the flood victims was a three-hour local fundraising telethon hosted by Nashville's WSMV-TV on May 6. The line-up includes Vince Gill, Darius Rucker, Keith Urban, Phil Vassar, Alison Krauss, Steve Wariner, Montgomery Gentry's Troy Gentry, Buddy Jewell, Lonestar, Bo Bice and Lee Roy Parnell.
Also, there will be a live national telethon held on May 16 at the historic Ryman Auditorium with Brad Paisley, Lady Antebellum, Dierks Bentley and Rodney Atkins booked as musical guests.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance