Toby Jones Will Be Another 'Captain America' Villain
Chris Evans is going to start a rivalry with Toby Jones. The British star is in final negotiations to star as the villain in "Captain America: The First Avenger" in which Evans is tapped to play the title role, The Hollywood Reporter has claimed.
Jones is reportedly cast as a villainous scientist named Arnim Zola. In the comic books, Zola is a genetic engineer who creates clones and various monstrosities for Adolf Hitler. He also uses these skills to form a new body for himself, surviving through the war and into modern times.
In addition to Jones, Hugo Weaving is already hired to be another Captain America's enemy Red Skull. Meanwhile, the superhero will get some aid from his sidekick Bucky Barnes, who will be portrayed by Sebastian Stan. Hayley Atwell also joins the cast as Captain America's love interest Peggy Carter.
"The First Avenger: Captain America" follows Steve Rogers military service washout who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. Joe Johnston will serve behind the lens when the film starts shooting this summer in England for July 22, 2011 U.S. release.
Toby Jones is best known for playing real-life characters such as Truman Capote in "Infamous". He also provides the voice for house-elf Dobby in "Harry Potter" films. The 42-year-old actor will next appear in 2011 "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" as Silk.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'