Preview of Kelly Rowland's 'Commander' Music Video
Kelly Rowland recently filmed a music video in support of her brand new single "Commander". Directed by Masashi Muto, the music video will see the ex-member of Destiny's Child "battling herself". The visuals are choreographed by Fatima Robinson.
"The whole concept is very futuristic, very cool. It's about me being the commander above anything, but it adds a different element of a club atmosphere - a very big atmosphere with very cool people," she told Rap-Up TV. "I'm battling myself with hair, with makeup, with the routines. I had to pull out my dancing shoes for this video."
Coming to the set to show their support for Kelly were Michelle Williams (II), Nelly, Angie Beyince, Universal Motown President Sylvia Rhone, and songwriter Rico Love. "Kelly's look in this video is just utterly sexy. It's like a jungle feel," Rico said. "I feel like we're in Avatar somewhere, running through the woods, minus the blue paint."
"Commander" is produced by David Guetta. It is confirmed as the first single of Kelly Rowland's forthcoming third solo album which is yet to be titled. The cover art of its extended dance mix has been unveiled, featuring her sporting big curly hair-do.
More Kelly Rowland News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date