Comedy Central's Jesus Christ Series Meets Threat From Christian Group
Jesus Christ has made a guest starring appearance in "South Park" but he's about to be given his own series. Comedy Central is thinking of having a cartoon series about the Christian leader and announced on Thursday, May 6 that it's indeed in the works under the title "JC". Already, the Catholic League issued a protest against the development.
The extremist group's president Bill Donohue encouraged people to take real action and posted Comedy Central's CEO's address on its website. He also said that Jesus is not only praised by Christians but also the Muslims, revealing "We will not only contact the Catholic community, we will contact Muslim organizations as well."
Donohue included a quote by Kent Alterman, a network official, who said, "In general, comedy in its purest form always makes some people uncomfortable." Donohue disagreed, saying "Besides the fact that there is no end to the number of comedians who have made a huge name for themselves without ever offending anyone, what is even more relevant is the fact that Comedy Central has absolutely no interest in making Muslims feel uncomfortable."
As one of the 23 newbies the channel is considering for the new season, "JC" will depict Jesus as a regular guy who moves to New York to "escape his father's enormous shadow." His father would be depicted as a man who would rather play video games than listening to his son.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?