Matthew Morrison Against Britney Spears on 'Glee'
One person is not in line with "Glee" creator to have Britney Spears as a theme. Matthew Morrison who plays Mr. Schuester on the musical series says he's not keen on having Britney's songs in one episode like they did for Madonna last month.
Britney's manager, Adam Leber, began campaigning for a special episode featuring his client via Twitter in April, writing "Do you guys want to see a Britney Spears episode of Glee?" Ryan Murphy then responded, "I'm interested in the Britney Spears idea. I've always loved her. I'm entertaining it. I think young kids would like that."
But it looks like the plan will fall off since Matthew told Us Weekly during White House Correspondents' Association Dinner on May 1, "That's a rumor her manager started. I hope our show doesn't go along that route."
There's one celebrity that Matthew would love to have a dance off with, Britney's ex Justin Timberlake. "I don't think he could handle this. But if he wants to go toe to toe with Mr. Schuester, bring it on, J.T.! He's amazing; I have so much respect for that guy. What a talent. I would love for him to be on the show," Matthew said back in January.
Ryan previously stated he would use any songs for the show as long as they have "a certain degree of theatricality".
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics