Former 'DWTS' Contestant Lawrence Taylor Charged With Teen Rape
Lawrence Taylor has been charged with third-degree rape and soliciting prostitution. According to Ramapo Police Chief Peter Brower, the athlete who was a contestant on season 8 of "Dancing with the Stars" had sexual intercourse with a 16-year-old girl and paid her $300.
For the alleged rape case, Lawrence was arrested on Thursday morning, May 6 at the Holiday Inn Suffern, in Montebello, New York City. Later in the afternoon, he was released on $75,000 bond after being held in the town police lockup.
The 51-year-old Hall of Fame American football player himself has denied the charges. His lawyer Arthur L. Aidala said, "Lawrence Taylor didn't have consensual sex with anyone last night... We're going to fight these charges as hard as he fought when he was a linebacker for the New York Giants."
The case will be presented to a grand jury Monday, May 10. Lawrence is scheduled to return to court on June 13 before Justice Arnold P. Etelson. Police said Lawrence could face up to five years in jail if convicted.
The victim identified as "CF" was brought to room 160 of the Holiday Inn by a man named Rasheed Davis, who is also in custody, authorities said. The teen girl was reported missing from her home in the Bronx in March.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'