Former 'DWTS' Contestant Lawrence Taylor Charged With Teen Rape
Lawrence Taylor has been charged with third-degree rape and soliciting prostitution. According to Ramapo Police Chief Peter Brower, the athlete who was a contestant on season 8 of "Dancing with the Stars" had sexual intercourse with a 16-year-old girl and paid her $300.
For the alleged rape case, Lawrence was arrested on Thursday morning, May 6 at the Holiday Inn Suffern, in Montebello, New York City. Later in the afternoon, he was released on $75,000 bond after being held in the town police lockup.
The 51-year-old Hall of Fame American football player himself has denied the charges. His lawyer Arthur L. Aidala said, "Lawrence Taylor didn't have consensual sex with anyone last night... We're going to fight these charges as hard as he fought when he was a linebacker for the New York Giants."
The case will be presented to a grand jury Monday, May 10. Lawrence is scheduled to return to court on June 13 before Justice Arnold P. Etelson. Police said Lawrence could face up to five years in jail if convicted.
The victim identified as "CF" was brought to room 160 of the Holiday Inn by a man named Rasheed Davis, who is also in custody, authorities said. The teen girl was reported missing from her home in the Bronx in March.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny