J.J. Abrams' 'Super 8' Not Connected to 'Cloverfield'
J.J. Abrams has addressed rumor surrounding his secret project "Super 8". Responding to speculation that the upcoming movie is connected to his previous work "Cloverfield", the filmmaker told New York Magazine, "It has nothing whatsoever to do with 'Cloverfield', despite your expert reporting."
However, Abrams did admit that the trailer for his next sci-fi movie will be screened in front of "Iron Man 2" which will hit U.S. theaters starting May 7, saying "You have to check [out the trailer]." When asked if the trailer was really sent to cinemas in canisters requiring special codes to open, he said, "That is correct."
But when he was further pressed with question about detail of the film, the helmer of "Star Trek" had his lips sealed, stating "I won't be able to tell you until it's done." Abrams also claimed that he will continue trying to keep "Super 8" under wraps.
Previously, New York Magazine received information from a source who said that "Super 8" is "absolutely connected to 2008's 'Cloverfield'." The site further speculated that it's possibly not a sequel, but a prequel to the Mike Vogel-starring movie.
So far, the key point known about the forthcoming release is that it is a sci-fi film which features otherworldly creatures captured on film by amateur cinematographers. The movie has no release date, but it is targeted to arrive within 2011.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic