J.J. Abrams' 'Super 8' Not Connected to 'Cloverfield'
J.J. Abrams has addressed rumor surrounding his secret project "Super 8". Responding to speculation that the upcoming movie is connected to his previous work "Cloverfield", the filmmaker told New York Magazine, "It has nothing whatsoever to do with 'Cloverfield', despite your expert reporting."
However, Abrams did admit that the trailer for his next sci-fi movie will be screened in front of "Iron Man 2" which will hit U.S. theaters starting May 7, saying "You have to check [out the trailer]." When asked if the trailer was really sent to cinemas in canisters requiring special codes to open, he said, "That is correct."
But when he was further pressed with question about detail of the film, the helmer of "Star Trek" had his lips sealed, stating "I won't be able to tell you until it's done." Abrams also claimed that he will continue trying to keep "Super 8" under wraps.
Previously, New York Magazine received information from a source who said that "Super 8" is "absolutely connected to 2008's 'Cloverfield'." The site further speculated that it's possibly not a sequel, but a prequel to the Mike Vogel-starring movie.
So far, the key point known about the forthcoming release is that it is a sci-fi film which features otherworldly creatures captured on film by amateur cinematographers. The movie has no release date, but it is targeted to arrive within 2011.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March