Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda Forming Rock Band
Claimed as the "biggest music news to come out of football world", soccer stars Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda are forming a rock band. The Chelsea teammates have no name for the band yet since they are "just at the beginning of the process and trying to start something special."
Drogba, who received a bass guitar from pal Wyclef Jean, would be the bassist while Malouda sits behind the drum set. Their vocalists are none other than fellow Chelsea players, John Terry and Joe Cole. "We have good singers in the dressing room but JT and Joe are the best," Malouda gushed.
Roughly, their band would sound like Coldplay. "I went to Wembley to see Coldplay and it was one of the greatest shows I have ever seen," Malouda recalled. "I enjoy live music and going to concerts and shows. I love bands who rock the crowd."
The players may have to shift the focus on the upcoming world cup in South Africa first before going full throttle with the music project. The sports event will kick off June 11. "When we are ready, we will show you the results," Malouda said about the band's debut.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says