Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda Forming Rock Band
Claimed as the "biggest music news to come out of football world", soccer stars Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda are forming a rock band. The Chelsea teammates have no name for the band yet since they are "just at the beginning of the process and trying to start something special."
Drogba, who received a bass guitar from pal Wyclef Jean, would be the bassist while Malouda sits behind the drum set. Their vocalists are none other than fellow Chelsea players, John Terry and Joe Cole. "We have good singers in the dressing room but JT and Joe are the best," Malouda gushed.
Roughly, their band would sound like Coldplay. "I went to Wembley to see Coldplay and it was one of the greatest shows I have ever seen," Malouda recalled. "I enjoy live music and going to concerts and shows. I love bands who rock the crowd."
The players may have to shift the focus on the upcoming world cup in South Africa first before going full throttle with the music project. The sports event will kick off June 11. "When we are ready, we will show you the results," Malouda said about the band's debut.
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship