'Ice Age 4' Announced for 2012 Release
Another "Ice Age" movie is heading to theaters in the next few years. 20th Century Fox has just announced that they are making the fourth film which is tentatively titled "Ice Age: Continental Drift".
This upcoming animation is slated for summer release, scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters on July 13, 2012. Following the success of several 3-D movies lately, Fox plans to apply the same technology for the next "Ice Age" film.
Little has been known about the project beside the points mentioned above. No official plot synopsis has been released for the movie and the studio has not announced who will direct it.
"Ice Age: Continental Drift" will serve as a follow-up to 2009 "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs", which sees Manny, Diego and other members of their gang embarking on a mission to rescue Sid from a tropical lost world inhabited by dinosaurs beneath the ice. The third "Ice Age" film was named the second highest grossing animated film of all time with $884 million worldwide.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie