Aaron Kelly Axed, 'American Idol' Reveals Top 4
The first announced to be safe on "American Idol" result night was Lee Dwyze who was later joined in respective order by Crystal Bowersox and Casey James. This left Michael Lynche and Aaron Kelly in the bottom two. The former was hailed for his rendition of Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight", and many agreed with the judges. Aaron was sent home.
The 17-year-old was singing "Fly Me to the Moon" on the performance night. Both Randy Jackson and Ellen DeGeneres agreed that he pulled off a stellar performance but Kara DioGuardi and Simon Cowell did not. "Compared to last week, I think it wasn't as strong," Kara said.
Before the result was read, Lady GaGa and this week's mentor Harry Connick Jr. performed on the stage. The result show also announced that next week's theme would be songs from cinema and the person to guide the Top 4 would be movie star slash R 'n' B singer Jamie Foxx.
More American Idol News
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now