Aaron Kelly Axed, 'American Idol' Reveals Top 4
The first announced to be safe on "American Idol" result night was Lee Dwyze who was later joined in respective order by Crystal Bowersox and Casey James. This left Michael Lynche and Aaron Kelly in the bottom two. The former was hailed for his rendition of Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight", and many agreed with the judges. Aaron was sent home.
The 17-year-old was singing "Fly Me to the Moon" on the performance night. Both Randy Jackson and Ellen DeGeneres agreed that he pulled off a stellar performance but Kara DioGuardi and Simon Cowell did not. "Compared to last week, I think it wasn't as strong," Kara said.
Before the result was read, Lady GaGa and this week's mentor Harry Connick Jr. performed on the stage. The result show also announced that next week's theme would be songs from cinema and the person to guide the Top 4 would be movie star slash R 'n' B singer Jamie Foxx.
More American Idol News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle