Aaron Kelly Axed, 'American Idol' Reveals Top 4
The first announced to be safe on "American Idol" result night was Lee Dwyze who was later joined in respective order by Crystal Bowersox and Casey James. This left Michael Lynche and Aaron Kelly in the bottom two. The former was hailed for his rendition of Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight", and many agreed with the judges. Aaron was sent home.
The 17-year-old was singing "Fly Me to the Moon" on the performance night. Both Randy Jackson and Ellen DeGeneres agreed that he pulled off a stellar performance but Kara DioGuardi and Simon Cowell did not. "Compared to last week, I think it wasn't as strong," Kara said.
Before the result was read, Lady GaGa and this week's mentor Harry Connick Jr. performed on the stage. The result show also announced that next week's theme would be songs from cinema and the person to guide the Top 4 would be movie star slash R 'n' B singer Jamie Foxx.
More American Idol News
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival