It's Official: Matthew Vaughn to Direct 'First Class' for Summer 2011 Release
"X-Men: First Class" has found its helmer. Following reports that Matthew Vaughn is circling the project, 20th Century Fox has announced that the "Kick-Ass" helmer is officially hired to serve behind the lens for the next installment of "X-Men" film franchise.
The studio is apparently moving forward with "First Class", planning to start the production in summer this year. The film itself gets a nice slot, slated to arrive in U.S. cinemas on June 3, 2011. Bryan Singer, who was originally set to helm, will now produce the upcoming movie alongside Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg.
According to the early plot synopsis, "X-Men: First Class" will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga. It follows Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr before they took the names Professor X and Magneto, when they were still closest of friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full