It's Official: Matthew Vaughn to Direct 'First Class' for Summer 2011 Release
"X-Men: First Class" has found its helmer. Following reports that Matthew Vaughn is circling the project, 20th Century Fox has announced that the "Kick-Ass" helmer is officially hired to serve behind the lens for the next installment of "X-Men" film franchise.
The studio is apparently moving forward with "First Class", planning to start the production in summer this year. The film itself gets a nice slot, slated to arrive in U.S. cinemas on June 3, 2011. Bryan Singer, who was originally set to helm, will now produce the upcoming movie alongside Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg.
According to the early plot synopsis, "X-Men: First Class" will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga. It follows Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr before they took the names Professor X and Magneto, when they were still closest of friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl