It's Official: Matthew Vaughn to Direct 'First Class' for Summer 2011 Release
"X-Men: First Class" has found its helmer. Following reports that Matthew Vaughn is circling the project, 20th Century Fox has announced that the "Kick-Ass" helmer is officially hired to serve behind the lens for the next installment of "X-Men" film franchise.
The studio is apparently moving forward with "First Class", planning to start the production in summer this year. The film itself gets a nice slot, slated to arrive in U.S. cinemas on June 3, 2011. Bryan Singer, who was originally set to helm, will now produce the upcoming movie alongside Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg.
According to the early plot synopsis, "X-Men: First Class" will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga. It follows Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr before they took the names Professor X and Magneto, when they were still closest of friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.
- Pregnant Again! 'Teen Mom' Star Kailyn Lowry Reveals She Is Expecting Third Child
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- Watch The Heffleys' Messy Road Trip in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul' First Teaser
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party