Jimmy Fallon Joked About Being Host of 62nd Emmys
Jimmy Fallon gets to spread his jokes and antiques to people in television later this year. The comedian and late night talk show host was only a guest at Primetime Emmy Awards last year but he gets to host the event this year, taking over from Neil Patrick Harris.
"Hosting the Emmys has been a dream of mine ever since they told me I was doing it," Fallon joked after the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences made the announcement. Executive producer Don Mischer meanwhile said, "Jimmy has many talents. He can sing, he can dance, he does impersonations, and he does it gracefully and with ease. I think he'll make a terrific host and we are really looking forward to working with him."
In its 62nd year, the Emmys will be held on August 29 and aired live by NBC starting 8 P.M. ET. The nominations will be announced July 8.
According to L.A. Times, Fallon won the slot as host over Justin Timberlake, Amy Poehler and Andy Samberg among others. He has previously run other awards shows such as 2001 and 2005 MTV Movie Awards, and 2002 MTV Video Music Awards.
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting