Jimmy Fallon Joked About Being Host of 62nd Emmys
Jimmy Fallon gets to spread his jokes and antiques to people in television later this year. The comedian and late night talk show host was only a guest at Primetime Emmy Awards last year but he gets to host the event this year, taking over from Neil Patrick Harris.
"Hosting the Emmys has been a dream of mine ever since they told me I was doing it," Fallon joked after the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences made the announcement. Executive producer Don Mischer meanwhile said, "Jimmy has many talents. He can sing, he can dance, he does impersonations, and he does it gracefully and with ease. I think he'll make a terrific host and we are really looking forward to working with him."
In its 62nd year, the Emmys will be held on August 29 and aired live by NBC starting 8 P.M. ET. The nominations will be announced July 8.
According to L.A. Times, Fallon won the slot as host over Justin Timberlake, Amy Poehler and Andy Samberg among others. He has previously run other awards shows such as 2001 and 2005 MTV Movie Awards, and 2002 MTV Video Music Awards.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?